I've decided to start migrating some of my business blog content to HubPages (all content on the blog is original and was written by me.)
Because I wanted to avoid the duplicate content issue on HubPages, I did three things:
1. Added 'NoIndex' tags to all the pages that I wanted to move, so Google wouldn't index them in future
2. Had the blog url for the content removed from Google's search results and cache via Webmaster Tools
3. Setup a 301 redirect from the original URL on my blog to the hub on HP
Despite doing this, one of the articles that I moved has been flagged for having 'Substantially duplicatre content'. I have checked and the article is not published anywhere else online or showing up in Google's seach results, so my questions are:
1. Have you come across this, if so, how did you resolve it? (I don't want to have to re-write the whole hub!)
2. Generally, how long did you wait before unpublishing content elsewhere and publishing it here?
3. Is there anything else technically that I can do to get my hub published?
Any help much appreciated!
We say it's best to wait at least a week before transferring over articles. It should be OK if you wait a couple more days and then submit your Hub for publication. If there are more complications, I'd send exactly what you posted in this thread as a reply to the email issued by HubPages notifying you of the moderation so that our support team is in the loop.
Thanks for the advice Simone, I'd actually already sent what was in this thread to the support team! I'll leave it a week before transferring the other articles across.
by Cloverleaf5 years ago
Should you ping your HubPages?
by Eric Dockett3 years ago
Over the past couple of months I've been slowly reorganizing my content by niche. This means moving Hubs from one subdomain to another, as well as moving content from elsewhere on the web to HubPages. More often...
by Person of Interest4 years ago
1. I don't want to.2. HP is cute and fuzzy.3. What say you?
by Akhil S Kumar5 years ago
How can I avoid plagiarism in hubpages and tinclude html codes?kindly tell me how can I include codes and avoid plagiarism ?
by sir_tallest7 years ago
How can I become very active in hubpages forum and avoid the shambles involved
by dumindu896 years ago
How to avoid from Adsense invalid click activities in Hubpages?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.