jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Neat Freaks still getting attention

1. fastfreta profile image83
    fastfretaposted 4 years ago

So, we, my daughter and I was asked to be guests on Ricki Lake for the Thursday show.  The title is "Embarrassing Parents" all related to our appearance on the TLC special "Neat Freaks." If this is news to some of you, go over to Youtube and search Neat Freaks tlc.  Anyway we had two problems, my daughter had scheduling conflicts, and I'm visiting my mother in Atlanta.  The latter could have been remedied, and the former was eventually, but too late.sad The show is taped in Los Angeles. 

I am however going to watch the show tomorrow to see what I missed. This whole adventure I'm experiencing is all due to HubPages, so thanks again HubPages.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So cool smile Sorry you missed it though

fastfretaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I am too, in a way.

2. MarleneB profile image97
      MarleneBposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh, bummer. I saw the other show. I bet it was a lot of fun. It's too bad they don't give more notice than a few days. Oh well, something great will come along. I'm a fan. Keep us posted.

Thank you MarleneB. I thank you all for your vote of confidence.

3. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What an adventure indeed! Sorry you couldn't make the show- I'm sure it would have been an interesting experience!

Thanks Simone. I'll have to watch the show today and see if I would have been happy to be on it.

2. donotfear profile image92
    donotfearposted 4 years ago

Oh, man, if they could have given you a heads up a few weeks ahead, you could have done this show. It would have been great exposure.   

Have you gotten any more contacts because of the show?

You're right, I just got the invite on Monday. It came from the TLC publicist in an email, which I didn't open until late Monday night, and the show didn't get my response until Tuesday.

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You got the invite on Monday for a Thursday show??  That sounds like poor planning on their part!
        You may be better off not appearing on a show like Ricki Lake.  Something better will come along.

That's the comment I got from another person through Facebook. Actually I got the Today Show invite on Friday for the Wednesday show, so I guess that's how they work.

1. donotfear profile image92
            donotfearposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep, that's how they work.  It's "hurry up and wait".  I'll never forget......

3. fastfreta profile image83
    fastfretaposted 4 years ago

MAJOR, MAJOR, network magazine show wants to interview my daughter and me. Can't say too much but it's one of the big 3 networks.  I'll get back with the confirmed details real soon. So excited, so it seems my 5 seconds of fame is extended to maybe one minute. big_smile

working