jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

FIXED: Facebook like button issues in Firefox

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Is this browser related?  I saw them 2 days ago.  I'm using FF 16.0.2.  I know a more recent version has just been released, but I haven't updated. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The actual part that reports the number back is on the Facebook side of things I believe.
      I just tested in Firefox and it did increment the Like button one when I clicked it and posted to my Facebook account.
      It did however, not show the Facebook button on refresh of the same Hub in Firefox.  I opened the Hub in another browser though, and it is showing the increment took.
      I'm going to do some more research to see if there is a bug.
      My first suggestion would be to update to the latest stable version of Firefox, 18.02.

That being said, we run into intermittent issues with Facebook and it tends to go away.  They don't report such information, but I think it may be related to times of excessive traffic for them when these issues pop up.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77

Just to clarify, there does seem to be an issue affecting the Facebook like button only in Firefox. 
        The issue does not seem to affect Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Opera.
        This has been forwarded to our engineering team to be addressed.
        Thanks for your patience.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77

Facebook like issue in Firefox is now fixed.
      I just tested using Firefox 19.0 in Windows 7 and the Facebook like button is working and stays on the screen after use now.

2. aziza786 profile image72
    aziza786posted 4 years ago

I am  using the latest  version of Firefox 18.0.2 and having the same problem, no Facebook icon appears which usually displays the amount of 'Likes'. When I signed in to Google Chrome it works fine. I think it's the Firefox browser.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

I have Google Chrome and all is well.   Firefox is a pain.

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

Didn't notice before but have just checked and can confirm - no Facebook option on Firefox. Spent so long getting rid of other browsers, have no intention of returning smile

5. rebekahELLE profile image87

Thanks Matthew, and respondents. 

I don't have issues with FF generally.  I like it.  I tried Chrome and didn't like it. I use a Mac.

6. rebekahELLE profile image87

Thanks Matthew.  I did notice it only seems to be affected on HP.  It shows up on other sites.

Closed to reply

working