What can be the reason to be banned from without first being informed?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Ratatosk profile image56
    Ratatoskposted 11 years ago

After only one week of hard work after joining, after over 40 published articles I wrote over the passed years, after getting even 23 of them as featured hubs, after receiving great comments and accolades, after answering countless questions, asking questions and commenting several hubs I read, after collecting 11 followers .... after all the great work I come today morning to do even more and find my profil banned. I was shocked. I have even started earning money and lost it again this way.

But the worst is, I have no clue why my profil was banned so suddenly. I havn´t been informed before.

So what can be the reason for this. Has anyone an idea. Can anybody tell me?

Now I have to start all over again but until I don´t really know what really happened last night when I was sleeping, and what mistake I made, I´m not that much motivated to publish my work again.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

If you mean the profile you are posting from now, it is not banned. If you have had hubs unpublished the reason will be stated in the hub.

Ratatoskposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, I don´t mean the profile I´m posting from now. If this were banned I were not allowed to post anything. I mean my former profil named "Ratatoesk"

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You should have received an email.  If it got lost somehow you need to email Hubstaff directly.

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

Accounts get banned when the moderators decide the terms of service are being violated.  This can be due to quality issues, over-promotional behavior, a wide range of scenarios really.  The TOS doesn't say they have to notify you before banning an account.  It says that by using the site, you agree that you have read and understand all the rules, and agree to adhere to them.

Admin and the moderators do not discuss account details "in public."  Any discussion of account details only ever happens in private.  You have to email them directly.

Just so you know, creating a new account to circumvent being banned is a TOS violation in itself.

And what is TOS?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

TOS = Terms Of Service.

...and yeah, if you put up 50 articles within a week it's quite possible that the Powers that Be suspected you of being a spam-bot.

Well, I think that this could be the only reason

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Guessing from another thread started, if you posted a huge wad of hubs, all duplicates from somewhere else, my bet would be that the account would be banned, and banned rather quickly. 

I'm not saying you stole those articles, just that that could well be the reaction from HP.  If that is the case, a talk with them could resolve the issue.

Well, all of my hubs were unique. Only one was detected as duplicate that I could not publish. I found out that someone else duplicated my article before and I had to rewrite my own article in order to make it unique again. - Maybe the reason for banning was that I published at least 50 articles within one week. But I don´t know.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then I can't help much.  The link from psyche, along with talking to HP, is probably your best bet. 

I looked at a few of those hubs on the banned account and nothing stood out to me as being against the TOS - as you had asked about finding duplicates I thought it just might be that.

5. psycheskinner profile image84

Ah, I got it - TOS simple means Terms Of Service :-) - I´m learning still ;-)

2. Ratatosk profile image56

So, I have read the TOS again and again and again and couldn´t find any part against which I could have broken. Finally I still have no clue what happened.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image76
        Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, we don't know the details of why you have been banned.

The best advice would be for you to write to team@hubpages.com and clearly and politely explain your concerns and ask what may have lead to you being banned. Ask them to specifiy why back to you.

It may take a few days to get a response as they don't work over weekends and I believe they have a lot of work in their queue at present.

Good luck.

Well, Paul, this was actually the very first what I did today morning. Thank you :-)

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
            PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is not meant as a criticism, but as an observation.  Your English is very good, but it is certainly not perfect, Ratatosk.  You make yourself understood, but a native speaker can tell that it is not your first language.  That is another thing that might count against you.  However, I'm just speculating - I would focus on emailing HP and not using another profile after your first one was banned!  I would stop using the forum and don't add any more hubs until you hear back from HP.  You are digging yourself into a deeper hole.

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

The Ratatosk profile is now showing as a banned user.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image76
      Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ouch.

7. psycheskinner profile image84

Well, hopefully he got his explanation.

8. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
    PaulaHenry1posted 11 years ago

I have a feeling we will be hearing from him again....

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let's hope that next time he does not mention that he was a previously banned user.

I do feel sorry for hubbers who make the effort, despite being an ESL writer, but who fail to read and understand the rules.

Especially the bit about not being allowed back once banned.

I agree, Izzy - I feel sorry for those that have honestly tried and end up getting banned or something they didn't know.

However, it is very often the case that there is more to the story than we see or hear from the hubber.  How many threads are about losing a hub for duplication that they did themselves?  Or overly promotional because they hid extra links in photo capsules or such?

For all we know, this one was someone banned long ago.  The hubs I scanned over were well formatted and looked good; not something a nube to HP is likely to do regardless of previous experience elsewhere.

We'll never know, though.

1. IzzyM profile image88

His English wasn't perfect. I know he was German so he was an ESL writer. He should have fitted in well here, all the same.
          HP aren't much bothered about poorly written hubs, it seems.

9. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

To quote his own words...

"Well, all of my hubs were unique. Only one was detected as duplicate that I could not publish. I found out that someone else duplicated my article before and I had to rewrite my own article in order to make it unique again. - "

Rewrite my own article to make it unique?

Wtf.

Was it some sort of mind telepathy that enabled someone else to write your article before it was published?

1. IzzyM profile image88

I got the impression from reading his multiple posts that he had his own site before joining HP, but that he had removed all his content from said site, without realising his work had been stolen.
      Familiar story. It happens.

That's kind of what saw, too.  Probably all dupe material by now, and all lost because he didn't check first. 

Which, from HP's point of view, would be a banning offense.  Come in and put up 50 (now) stolen articles?  Not going to happen.  Had he just waited until talking to them instead of setting up another account it might all have been fine, although he still couldn't use his old stuff.

1. IzzyM profile image88

I don't think HP respond to banned hubbers.

From what I have witnessed before on the forums, once someone is banned there is no recourse, and no re-instatement of a banned account.

Could be.  I don't think they ban at the drop of a hat, and there's really no reason to talk further about violations egregious enough to be banned.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)