jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

The latest comment I received...

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

"purira madri podunga its confusing"

Not even Google can figure it out. I hope it's not swear words. That's why I didn't tack it in the title.

Any guesses? big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

And yes. The last 2 words were part of the comment. I guess my visitor is bilingual...

3. timorous profile image93
    timorousposted 4 years ago

I have it on good authority (from a fellow Hubber), that the first part is in Tamil. Sadly, it isn't swear words, in the usual sense.

It basically means they'd like you to say it in a way that can be understood.

So there.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image89
      Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Which is ironic, considering the comment itself!

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I guess they don't use punctuation in Tamil.

4. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

It's something to do with completed entirely or something like that. No idea what Podunga means

5. daisydayz profile image88
    daisydayzposted 4 years ago

I think it's spam actually as I had something almost identical last week, but I didn't approve the comment. Pretty sure it was identical, it definitely had the same english at the end with just the random words before and google translate didnt have any translation either.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Which causes us to wonder how Timorous came up with a translation. Hmmmm
      Is Tim randomly spamming other hubbers? wink

6. timorous profile image93
    timorousposted 4 years ago

LOL...no. The fellow hubber in question (who wishes to remain anonymous) speaks native Tamil, so she would know for sure, and she did. She laughed out loud too, apparently. Given paradigmsearch's proclivity for obscurity, it is not surprising to receive such a comment, spam or no spam.

working