jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

My latest 3 hubs have received no comments at all?

1. wildove5 profile image73
    wildove5posted 5 years ago

My latest 3 hubs have received no comments at all?

I usually post very late into the evening and early morning hours.  Could that result in a lack of feedback?  I seem to get many views, just no comments.  It's hard not to take it personal.  I enjoy the feedback and don't mind constructive criticism.  So just a reminder to all hubbers, please let your fellow hubbers know how their doing.  Thats one of the main reasons I joined hubpages.

2. Paul Maplesden profile image78
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

Wildove, something else you can do is follow some othe rhubbers that interest you; they may well then follow you back, increasing your audience and possibly commenting on your work.

3. wildove5 profile image73
    wildove5posted 5 years ago

Thank you, I do follow quite a few and always leave a comment.  Thanks for answering my question.  I was beginning to feel invisible!  I'm sounding quite desperate. That is not my intention, I guess I just need a little pat on the back.  thanks

4. dailytop10 profile image93
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

Don't be hasty my friend. Comments will surely pour in once your hubs reach the right audience. Follow people who share the same interests with you as they'll most likely appreciate and leave a meaningful comment on your hubs. Good luck and God bless us all!

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Hello my friend,
               My suggestion would be just to be more active in the community. Such as asking and answering questions, commenting on other's hubs, etc. Anything to get your name out in the Hubpages community.

6. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

You can also do things within your hub that encourage commenting - like closing with a question or sometimes I do polls and one of the options is "other - I'll share my ideas in the comment section".  This encourages comments and discussion.

wildove5posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thats a great idea and one I have not tried!  I know I have readers, according to my account activity.  Some articles seem to get more feed back than others, I guess I'm just having a pity party today!  Thanks for the comment!!

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

It's not unusual for hubs to lack comments.  My most successful hub that has thousands of views has zero comments!  i really don't think it's anything to worry about!

wildove5posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Traveler, that makes me feel a lot better.  I have several hubs that have been placed in the featured category that have received the least comments.  Like I said earlier, I think I was having a pity party today!  thanks.

8. wqaindia profile image79
    wqaindiaposted 5 years ago

Actually everyone is busy answering questions or asking questions. To comment upon Hubs one needs specific knowledge of the subject matter whereas questions are very simple to be answered and if you do not know the answer it will prompt the audience to ask question out of question.