jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Ethical/allowed?

1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

If we know someone who owns the rights/created a product... and we'd like to write a hub about it. Is it ok to tell them we're planning to write a hub about it and ask them if they'd like to advertise on your hub? Can they contact HP's and go thru the proper channels to do something like this?

1. sleepylog profile image91
      sleepylogposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Generally writing a review about a product is not illegal and you don't need to obtain the consent of the owner/creator of the product you're reviewing nor do you need to let them know.

Having said that though, one should bear in mind that if you make false claims about the product you're reviewing, you could leave yourself open for slander or defammation actions against you in a court of law.

Just stick to the facts and what you know about the product including your own experiences with it.

I don't know about the advertising part of it, but if the product you're going to be writing about is available for sale at Amazon or eBay, you should definitely include one of those capsules in your hub.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Yeah, I actually wanted to contact him first to see if he'd want to advertize on it... (I couldn't make any false claims about it.) It would all be on the up and up... I just didn't know if it was ok to ask him to advertize on it first to give him the opportunity before anyone else could advertize on it.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There's a very strong chance that your Hub will wind up being moderated as "overly-promotional."

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Huh.. so they would pull it cause the product Im writing about is advertized on by the product? Ok... thank you. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

There is no mechanism to sell advertising on one specific hub to one specific advertiser.  The closest would be to add an amazon capsule of they sell via amazon.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. sleepylog profile image91
      sleepylogposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What I said

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

Ok everybody... that really helps. Thanks so much. smile

working