Deleted Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

I started writing a hub a week ago, and decided to delete it.  I deleted it about 4 or 5 days ago, but it is still showing up.  Usually, they disappear after a day or so, but this one is still there.  Is there a glitch somewhere, or is there a reason it is still there?

2. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

Same thing has happened to me, just this week -- I was thinking that maybe it was because they were published for a while, and people had posted comments to them; but if it's happening to new hubs, too, then maybe we've missed the memo or something?!

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

When a person clicks delete on a hub it goes unpublished. It is scheduled for deletion and will be deleted soon enough. Management I believe allows a person plenty of time to make sure they really want to delete before they remove it. Just give it time and be sure that if it has been deleted by you, no one can see it but you and mangement.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image59
      Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, SirDent.  It makes sense, and is a considerate way to handle the process, isn't it?

4. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

Which brings up a question I have.......does practically everyone delete hubs after they seem to be going no where?  I realize things often change.  I've seen that myself in the last 24 hrs even.

Yeah -- glad you mentioned this.  Since I've deleted a couple (that were going nowhere), I've seen one of their scores rise, which I thought was interesting and which, I'll admit, made me wonder whether or not to "undelete" it.

5. ajcor profile image61
    ajcorposted 15 years ago

On the same type of issue but slightly off topic - I notice sometimes that people can read hubs that have not been published - would those readers just be the hub management people?

I've wondered about that, too -- was wondering whether every time I save it, unpublished, after editing or adding material that counts as a "visitor"?

6. profile image0

When a hub is started but saved unpublished, management (or their bots) still view it. They check it each time you edit it as a matter of fact. That is how you get visitors on unpublished hubs.

When a hub is deleted, management still checks it out and that is why the score goes up. Most hubs when deleted usually don't have any visitors for the last month at least.

Sometimes updating a hub will get more visitors coming to it.

Thanks, SirDent -- helpful info.

7. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thanks for asking the rest of the questions I had about that same topic!  Thank you SirDent for answering them.  That clears up a lot for me.  I just chose to delete 6 or 7 hubs yesterday but I've copied them into a word document so that someday I might work on them and spruce them up and resubmit them with new titles, etc.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It is always best to keep a copy of everything you write on your harddrive. You never kniow when HubPages or other places you write disappear.

1. ajcor profile image61
        ajcorposted 15 years agoin reply to this

good advice - will do - have not so far..

8. KCC Big Country profile image86

Yes, very good advice, Sir Dent.  I have all of them in Word, but I wanted to save them again exactly how they were posted when I took them down.  It shows everything including comments, etc.  Just to remind myself later of all the reasons I think these particular hubs may have 'failed'.   Sometimes, it's timing.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No problem. I only need one more post after this one to make 1300. tongue

2. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm just wondering- when do you consider a hub "failed?" I've never deleted any hubs, but there are a couple I thought about deleting.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

At one point I deleted a couple of my lowest ranked hubs-- but lately I have been going back to my most humble efforts and  'tinkered' with them a bit. I have changed titles, added keywords, added photos, videos, or polls-- changed format,  added capsule titles, added captions to photos,  added amazon capsules, commented on comments, etc-- and all of this seems to have boosted  each of them a little.

I think even the lowliest of hubs can be improved.  And of course, every time you delete one, you take one step back from your progress to the next milestone.  smile

9. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thanks for asking Dorsi.....that's why I put the word "failed" in quotes because I knew I would catch some comments for using that word.  We're such a supportive bunch we hate hearing each other talk about things in a negative way.  For me, I felt the hubs I deleted were not performing as well as the others.  They had few or no comments.  Just really never 'took off'.  So, I deleted them.  I can still bring them back.

Do you think there is a huge difference in this ideology that I will wake up and regret?

10. profile image0

Even without comments a hub can get traffic. Some of my hubs still have no comments. I have deleted a few myself, but many were poems that I ended upputting together in one hub. Others hadn't recieved traffic for at least 30 days. Updating is the best policy, but there are times when no matter what you do it won't make any difference.

11. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

Thank you to all of you for your response to my question.  I figured it would go away eventually, and it is gone now.  I will probably go back to the idea that I had for that hub, I was just stuck as far as what to do with it for right now, and hadn't really even started it, so I figured I would delete it for now, until I had time to work on it. 

As far as deleting published hubs, I have not done that.  I have thought about it, but the way I look at it, if it isn't getting a lot of traffic, I can mess with it, add to it, change things around, and improve it.  Even a little traffic to a hub is better than none.

12. KCC Big Country profile image86

I wonder if these lower scoring hubs affect your overal Hubscore though?  Of course no one knows the formula, but it would make sense that it could affect it.  I also realize it's not all about the scores.   It's just one of the ways we have for judging our effectiveness as a writer.  I'm new, I'm still learning.  I've just figured out that you really can't wait until you've mastered writing to start writing.  You really have to jump in with both feet, make a few mistakes, learn from them and keep improving.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)