jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

What could it mean when a particular hubber frequently visits a hub?

1. SoundNFury profile image84
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Using Google Analytics, I see that a particular hubber is shown visiting one of my hubs about once every couple of weeks.  What could this mean?  I would hope it's not plagiarism but has anyone else had this experience?  They have not commented on the hub either.

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
      Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would say that they really like the hub. Is it an informational hub, or one that gets a lot of comments?
      I  think if it was a plagiarist, he would come just once for what he needed.

2. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do they follow you?  I get notices when hubbers I follow have had comments to hubs that interest me...so back I go to see who said what.  Also, if you have lots of data or a provocative but complex premise, they may be inspired by what you wrote but not retain it.  Perhaps they are interested enough in what you wrote that it comes up occasionally in their conversations with others, but if pressed for details they must come back to get them.  I agree with Gcrhoads64, a plagiarist would most likely take your copy and use it or file it for later, but not need to keep coming back.
      Update:  Looks like you addressed some of this while I was posting.  I will leave it up as food for thought anyway.

SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They don't follow me....But thanks for the reassurance guys.  I guess the cynical side of myself was thinking maybe it could be a flag for something fishy.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As others have said, it's a link from one of his Hubs that leads to one of yours. 

It might be a related Hub which HubPages puts there, or he may have included a link to one of your Hubs in his own Hub.  If he's got Hubs on similar topics to yours, it's worth taking a look at some of them. You might want to thank him for the link if you find it!

2. SoundNFury profile image84

I want to think they just really like it, and I could see if it were a couple of times.  But I don't think it has enough information to warrant so many visits, and I don't think it has any comments to be honest.

Hopefully that's all it is.  It just strikes me as kind of bizarre every time I see their address show up on the same exact hub.

3. Reality Bytes profile image90
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Maybe you are linked from their page?

Normal flow of traffic.

Hmm.  Doesn't look like it, but my hub does show up in the "discover more hubs" on one of their hubs.  Maybe I'm just clueless but could that be it?

1. Reality Bytes profile image90
        Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good chance!

smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Reality Bytes is right. Their subdomain is referring traffic to one of your hubs. Happens all the time. Enjoy it. smile

Ah ha.  Thanks paradigmsearch.  smile

5. peeples profile image87
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Typically if you see that one hubber's page is coming to yours it just means that at the bottom of one of their hubs (where the related topic hubs are) one of your hubs is being clicked on by their readers. This is a good thing.It use to be one hubber could link to another hub page within their hub also. I'm not sure with all the changes if that is still possible. I have multiple other hubs that are written by other hubbers that drive traffic to my hubs on a daily basis. It's good for me!

In that case, awesome smile  Thanks!

6. SoundNFury profile image84

Thank you Marisa.  I'm definitely grateful for the traffic! smile

working