2,000,000 Views...

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 11 years ago

... well, not quite yet, but I will pass that this year.

It's incredible really .... for whatever reason, 2,000,000 pairs of eyeballs will have popped by one of my little scribblings before the end of this year.

Like little worker ants.... tirelessly, 24/7.

Bless them.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure it's not a stalker who realllllllllllllllllly likes your articles? big_smile Seriously though - congrats - it's nice to see the traffic grow to millions!

earnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Definitely not a stalker ..... nobody's ever bothered before smile

2. Keith Ham profile image61
      Keith Hamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

However you've done this, your a legend! I haven't even thought to get that many views.

And, just to give out some hope to anybody reading this ..... I didn't even actually try.  Ergo, it's possible for anybody to do it just by hanging around and writing hubs every now and again.

Write it and they will come. 

I just brain dump really, rather than writing.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

I've been here for 10 months, and I'm only just shy of the 10,000 views mark.

/wrists

Woo - birthday party on your hubs in 2 months then smile

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
        Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you do anything spiffy for your first year mark?

Yes, I baked a cake and hubbed the recipe.
          smile

3. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

Here's hoping that the ants will multiply like well ..............ants and you will hot 10,000,000 quite soon!

Oh blimey, 10,000,000 ..... hadn't even thought about it.  I think my 2,000,000 was a bit like the Mayan Calendar.... it just stopped.  My mind hadn't thought beyond the fact that this year, at some point, it'll drag itself past the 2,000,000.  I hope I forget and it happens, because the alternative is that I sit and watch it, with matchsticks holding my eyes open for the final 4 days smile

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Pretty neat, earner.  Don't you wish there was an accolade somewhere between 1 and 10 million? 

I'm coming up on just 1 million myself, sometime in the next month or three.  Far behind you, but a major milestone nevertheless.

You mean there's not? That's outrageous.  They should mark every 1,000,000.

I might have to write a 2,000,000 word hub of complaint about that!
      smile

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

Congrats earner!  I am slightly behind that figure but in my defence I only write crap.

Love, M.

No you don't you're wonderful.  I wish I was you.  I wish I could write (and draw), just like you ..... in a non-stalker-way.

Seriously, you're probably one of THE most talented people in England, the UK, the WORLD!!!

SRSLY.  You've just not been discovered yet - or maybe you have.  Maybe you're some mega-star, taking time out to shoot the breeze, doodle round your fag packet and scribble some hubs between international jet-setting.

Yeah..... I bet that's it.  Secret Millionaire type of stuff.

*waves*.

You should come and "see us" .... you know where.  There's a special thread just for our little gaggle of good people.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aaarrrggghhh - praise.  Thanks PN!  That Secret Millionaire thing - love it.

Jeez.  My head will explode if I ever break two dollars a day.

Edit:  Other place.  I know.  I'm just not sure about returning like some sort of prodigious son.  As soon as I say "hi" they'll ban me anyway.

No they won't ... surely not! 

No idea what you did previous times to get banned.... must have been really naughty.  Anyway - the site was sold, so new probably uber-managers - if you don't get in a ruck with people then they won't notice you're about.

smile

6. baja2013 profile image60
    baja2013posted 11 years ago

Do you remember how many you had first five days you started? smile

No, but I do know it wasn't a lot.  I found/joined hubs and wrote something.  It was pretty dire.... and I think I wrote about 2 more.  Then I left.

And several months later I noticed some bits and pieces of Adsense earnings appearing in my Adsense account..... so I took a closer look .... and wrote a few more .... and the money grew.....

Now, I've got other things to do usually, so I tend to turn up, write a bunch of stuff for a week, then disappear for months.  But Hubpages has consistently earnt me good money for my effort.  Some take me under an hour, some take me 6 hours to write.  But I will say that I have had one that has earnt me a month's 'salary' on its own (wish they all did that).

I don't have some magical big other website where thousands of people on a mailing list are waiting by their Inbox, or on Twitter, or Facebook for my next writing ..... I've not over-promoted at all.  Just bumbled along.  I did share a few on Facebook, but nobody's really following me there as I don't really like/use it.

I represent "hope" for all those that think stuff can't happen .... just write stuff .... and stuff happens.

1. baja2013 profile image60
        baja2013posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds inspiring!
        Anyway i will use some help from twitter since I already have an account with a 1000 followers. My goal is 2k daily, hope to acheive it till the end of this year.

Oh, if you've 1000 followers it'll be a doddle!

Get writing!

7. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I just cracked the 50,000 views mark (after nearly 2 years here) so I'm jealous as hell of all o'y'all!!! smile

It'll skyrocket from here on!

Congratulations!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)