How long did it take you to get to 10,000 views?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

How long did it take you to get to 10,000 views?

It took me 4 months and 3 weeks. Just wondering if that's about average, if there is such a thing.

2. iefox5 profile image58
    iefox5posted 11 years ago

This really depends on the popularity of the hub. You may reach 10,000 views if your hub is recommended as 'Hub of the Day'.

Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I actually was talking about total page views for all hubs. I would think it would be pretty rare to have one hub with 10,000 views after being on hubpages less than 5 months.

3. TToombs08 profile image78
    TToombs08posted 11 years ago

Lol. I haven't even made it to 3000 page views yet. I'd say you are doing very well. smile Congrats!

You're kidding TToombs08! Your hubs are so great. I find that really surprising.

2. TToombs08 profile image78
      TToombs08posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wish I was, Sherry! But thank you for the vote of confidence. smile

4. harmony155 profile image58
    harmony155posted 11 years ago

Congrats! That's quite an achievement in just 4 months!

Thanks harmony155. I just checked out your Genie Bra review, it's really good, do you get much traffic to it? I have one too, only I included Pajama Jeans in the same hub.

2. harmony155 profile image58
      harmony155posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sherry: Thanks for reading my Genie Bra Hub! I published it less than a month ago and have gotten about 100 hits... don't know if that's good or bad since I'm fairly new to hubpages. I'm going to check out your pajama jean hub smile

5. Mynde profile image68
    Myndeposted 11 years ago

I would say it is quite normal as you already have 29 hubs in total. So, that means about 350 visits in each hub after more than 4 months.
    I also published few hubs recently and got almost 100 views each after first month. So, i think it is normal.

Thanks for the input, though I notice my best performing hubs have 10x the views of the poorest performing ones.

6. YvetteParker profile image59
    YvetteParkerposted 11 years ago

I'm like TTombs08, I'm still under 3,000. Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Thank you Yvette, I like your approach to teaching kids math. Have you been a teacher? Good luck to you. I hope parents and teachers find your hubs.

7. Dennis AuBuchon profile image63
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 11 years ago

I made it to 10,000 views in 20 months and have over 11,500 in my 21st month.  My views are increasing at a more rapid rate when I reached this level.  I also have written 100 hubs.

That's great news Dennis. Congratuations. I notice even now, that it seems to be picking up speed, and more than half of my traffic is from Google now rather than HubPages as it used to be.

8. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

I have no idea, sine I rarely followed the stats for the first couple of years. After I started checking, it seems that they  multiplied.
    I would say that your  stats are quite good-- which is no surprise-- your hubs are quite good.
    Be patient and keep up the good work. I think you will be very successful.
    P.S-- don't stress about 'averages'.

Thanks Rochelle, I seem to be fascinated with the numbers. Wondering what makes them go up and down, and analyzing what happens if I do this or that. I probably would do better to follow your example.

9. plussizepixie profile image60
    plussizepixieposted 11 years ago

It took me ages but then I only have a few hubs so that shouldn't be a great surprise!

It's encouraging that you made it with just 7 hubs. It looks like HubPages is not your main online endeavor.

2. plussizepixie profile image60
      plussizepixieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is actually my main hub that accounts for nearly all the 10000 views too.

10. Daffitt profile image60
    Daffittposted 11 years ago

I don't know how much money you guys are forking out for advertising, but I've been using HubPages for over 17 months and still only have a total of 1,744 views.

You don't have a lot of hubs Daffit, I liked the one on fad dieting though. I probably have more than 1700 views from my facebook friends, they were my first traffic source. Thanks for responding.

2. Daffitt profile image60
      Daffittposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response, and for checking out my hub on Fad Diets. Speaking of food, another one of my hubs I especially like is the one called "An Outdoor Weekend With The Guys". It's a review of a little cafe we like. Guess I do need more hubs.

11. davenstan profile image60
    davenstanposted 11 years ago

I made it in 4 months. I thought it would take a year.

Great job davenstan. Congratulations on 10K views. Looks like you have a lot of hubs on nice searchable subjects.

12. cloverleaffarm profile image68
    cloverleaffarmposted 11 years ago

I made it in just a just a little over 2 months.

1. Daffitt profile image60
      Daffittposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That's incredible.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92

That's great cloverleaffarm. You write on popular subjects, and if your most recent hub "Drug Interactions With Herbs and Herb Supplements," is any example I can see why you're so successful.

13. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

I joined HubPages about 9 months ago but only became active in the past four or five. I am near the 3,500 mark. I have started linking some of my Hubs to my Facebook page. I was not a big Facebook user, so I do not know if that will boost the numbers. I have between 70 and 80 followers. I do not go looking for followers and I do not follow everyone that follows me. One person wrote mostly recipes. They may be good recipes, but that is not my interest.

Hi Larry, I enjoyed your hub on music. You have an interesting selection of hubs. I follow far fewer people than follow me, but I do make an effort to reach out to other hubbers through Q&A, and I do read a hub and comment on it when someone foll

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)