jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Whoa!! EVERY one of my hubs is suddenly featured?

1. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

I have had several creative writing hubs that went idle quite a while ago.  I left them idle because they will never garner Google traffic because they aren't informational hubs.

Tonight, it shows ALL of my hubs as featured, including those old hubs.  This includes about a dozen hubs.  These hubs are showing up on my profile page now too. 

Have they just been re-reviewed?  Will sudden mass featuring be happening to everyone over time?

1. Dale Hyde profile image89
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Whatever happened, congratulations. smile

agilitymachposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!  Thanks. big_smile

2. Parallels profile image78
      Parallelsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea, but I guess that goes to show it's worth keeping hubs around that aren't featured in the case they might be brought back one day.

Yeah.  I kept them around because they were still linked to my Facebook Fan page, and my followers there could still get to them.  Now I guess there out there for the whole world to see...if they can find them. smile

3. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting, agilitymach! If they were not Featured for traffic reasons, they might have become Featured again because of some residual hits... I'm not sure, but I'm happy for you! big_smile

4. Indian Chef profile image61
      Indian Chefposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Congrates , it never happened to me.. exactly 2 months from the date of last update they unfeature my hubs , and the amount of traffic is no considration for un featuring them.

2. SoundNFury profile image84
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Congrats, this happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  I thought it must be a glitch, but apparently it's from the hubs being reviewed again.  big_smile

So it has happened to others too?  That's good to know!!

3. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

OK.  Now my question is, if they were re-reviewed and featured, will the fact that they don't get Google traffic pull down the rest of my hubs that are informational and get some Google traffic?

Thanks!!

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

Congratulations on your expanded Internet exposure! That is good news.

Thanks Patty. smile

5. jenb0128 profile image96
    jenb0128posted 4 years ago

There's definitely something going on. A couple of my seasonal hubs had been idle for awhile, and a couple of days ago, they were resurrected without me touching them. Then today, those hubs were put back to sleep, along with another hub that usually doesn't get very much search engine traffic (though it does/did get a handful of regular views each week from within HubPages).

I hope your resurrection lasts longer than mine! smile

I hope mine stay featured longer than a few days too.  If they don't, I could always just put them through QAP on my own, but I'm not sure it would be worth it.  I'm not sure creative writing hubs get much love overall.  I'll have to see if mine go idle again.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They may or may not.  I had a couple of idled hubs suddenly go featured, one without seeing any traffic at all.  That one is now idle again after just a couple of weeks with no traffic.

I wonder if they actually went through QAP or if there is a glitch that just features them.  If I understand it correctly, aren't hubs that go through QAP written by hubbers with high hubber scores supposed to stay featured for quite a while?  I would think, then, that your hub should have stayed featured for many, many months.

6. barbat79 profile image73
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

Congratutaltions!!! Yaya!   I am happy to hear your news!   Why question the good..just keep the good going!

working