jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Disabled Ads

1. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 4 years ago

Could someone please help me and tell me why ads have been disabled on this Hub?  I am a bit confused - could it be the words Baby Booties?
    http://sallybea.hubpages.com/hub/How-to … of-Booties

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow - that's a mystery to me!  The only thing I can think of is the bots must look for 'wet' and 'baby.'  And maybe the word 'felt' triggers a problem when paired with 'booties' - or something?

Try asking Admin to clarify what's wrong.  Or maybe change the title to something like, "How to Make Wet Felt - Includes Pattern For Baby Booties"

2. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey sallybea- i see no record of ads being disabled on that Hub (I see ads on the Hub and I don't see any notices on the admin panel saying ads have been disabled due to automatic content filters).

In general though, if you think ads have been unfairly removed from a Hub, please do email the support team and ask if they might be reinstated. big_smile

sallybeaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Simone, I Hub looks OK now since I edited the title and a few iof the sub titles as well.  They were definitely disabled though some automatic content thing.  I have requested the Admin people to see if I have the hub reinstated with the Title which I originally chose, not as it now appears.  Thanks for your response

2. sallybea profile image98

Hi Marcy, Thanks that is helpful - will give it a go and see what happens. thank you.

3. sallybea profile image98

I changed the title to the one you suggested and it did not alter the situation.  Changed it to Baby Boots and this seems to work though it still shows a $ disabled sign though I don't get a warning on the actual Hub anymore.  Frustrating as I think they should be called Booties

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Sally - I think Admin has to review it again before the Ad $ symbol goes away.  They should answer your question in a timely way - they're great about that.  Hope you get it ironed out!

sallybeaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I e-mailed Admin and received no response from them.   I tried once again to edit my Hub title to How to Wet Felt-an-Infants pair of Booties and immediately met with the orange box which said that Ads had been disabled from my Hub  so I had to change it back to it's current title.  I really don't think people will be searching for boots instead of booties and wonder how to resolve this issue.

working