jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Rating a hub not realtime

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
    Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago

Hello,

For the last few days, or even longer, now that I think about it, when I am reading a hub and go to rate it, my ratings record when I do it, but on refresh the ratings are gone.

This is rather embarrassing and also confusing to the author when, in comment, I may allude that I have voted the hub up and rated it "interesting" and "useful".....then when they look, they see no new ratings making me appear to be a liar.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We visually acknowledge the ratings when they are submitted, so that you can see it was recorded, but the actual application of this data is not real time.
      So this means that going back to the Hub, you won't necessarily see it immediately.  This information is applied in batches over time so there is a delay.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
        Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks Matthew.  I am glad it is not a glitch. smile  I do appreciate the quick and informative response!

2. LCDWriter profile image94
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

Dale,

It happened to me where someone noted in the comments that they had chosen a particular accolade for my hub such as "Interesting" but the actual vote didn't show up until the next day.  Maybe there is a delay in the system.  Don't know if it is still happening but it happened over the weekend for me.

1. HubPages profile image
      HubPagesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's the case, LCDWriter! There is just a delay in the manner in which we display recorded feedback. Sorry for the confusion, Dale Hyde!

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks LCDWriter. smile

working