Why some low quality hubs get high traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Jimut profile image71
    Jimutposted 11 years ago

I recently seen a hubber, he posted 2 hubs and got aver 10k views, but I have seen many hubbers not  getting that number of views by writing 30 hubs. Usually by posting above 70 high quality hub, that much views can be reached. But his hub was not even of 500 words. How it is possible? I want some citation on this.

1. Simone Smith profile image81
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If the Hub is old, it has simply not been reviewed by the QAP yet.

We are on the cusp of finally going through the backlog. When that happens, if the Hub is of low quality, it will probably lose Featured status.

I hope that clears things up! big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm... What was the topic?

3. David Trujillo profile image50
      David Trujilloposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can you post a reference to that hub so we can review it?

1. Jimut profile image71
        Jimutposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This person got 10k views. By posting two hubs.
        http://deepak2u.hubpages.com/

These are not even too old.

4. Jimut profile image71
      Jimutposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok, guys. In his profile there's written
      "Hub Feedback: 14 Useful / 3 Awesome / 4 Interesting / 2 Funny / 2 Beautiful"
      But his 1st one has no feedback, though 2nd one got
      "Useful {7} • Funny {1} • Awesome {3} • Beautiful {1} • Interesting {2}" as feedback.
      This makes sure that he got more hubs.

Other than this he posted a Q&A as "why he is not able to post" during beginning of his career. This maybe because he has been doing something wrong or maybe not.

2. dontaytte profile image74
    dontaytteposted 11 years ago

That's crazy. I've been on here for a year and have only gotten 1000 views.

3. bydojo profile image51
    bydojoposted 11 years ago

He's probably doing some heavy promotion outside hubpages. The secret to get views is to be very active here in the site too (forums, hubs, questions). We're probably millions here, so it's not easy to get noticed. if you do tend to be active outside your own hub too, chances are you will get more readers and traffic.

1. David Trujillo profile image50

Well isn`t this a great strategy to keep rising those numbers!

By generating curiosity about his traffic numbers many with visit his hubs just to see what he is writing about. Wouldn´t be strange he planned this forum post in advanced. If that is the case, then I applaud the stratagem.

4. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 11 years ago

If you look, you will see that he: Joined 16 months ago. He could have had many hubs before and probably deleted them now. Of course few hubs can get that traffic as well (Pretty sure the two he's got now aren't the source of those 10k). Not sure from where you got the number 70 hubs for 10k views though.

1. WriteAngled profile image71
      WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, that's not correct. If you delete hubs, you lose the views they accrued. I found this out in a rather drastic manner when I moved my best-performing hub elsewhere!

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haha writeangled, I know what you mean. Happened to me just when I was reaching 100k and I had to wait a long time to get the accolade. But, if you just unpublish them and don't delete them the views remain. I've got quite a few hubs which are unpublished atm.

5. Theophanes profile image90
    Theophanesposted 11 years ago

It's possible he has a lot of views because he has the word "free" in his titles. People like getting free stuff - they'll click anything to get it. It wouldn't even take much for those to go viral. That would be my guess (not that I think his Hub is better than anyone else's I think he just has a genius marketing strategy.)

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How would it ever go viral unless it's got something good? I've not checked them out myself, but if you're saying the word free is going to cause it, you're probably wrong. People would only share if they find it useful, there's no way they're going to share just because of the title.

6. psycheskinner profile image76
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

A hub under 500 words can be good. Even a hub that looks awkward can have information in it that people want.

1. David Trujillo profile image50

He simply says you can get Amazon gift cards for free if you join Bing`s Reward Program. But no links on where, or how to get them, no steps... bad quality. Still useful info for some, like me that love Amazon gift cards. But without the proper info I`m lazy to go find somewhere else.

1. psycheskinner profile image76
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But if you were searching for this info, it would come up and people might look at it.  So, maybe this is just a popular topic.  Getting stuff for free usually is.

7. dailytop10 profile image80
    dailytop10posted 11 years ago

I think it's how he made the title of his hubs very enticing...who can't resist knowing how to get free stuffs? XD

8. Tealparadise profile image79
    Tealparadiseposted 11 years ago

The Hubpages staff can't police everything all the time.  Somehow this guy has got through the cracks.

I have seen a few of them, but it doesn't bother me too much as long as it isn't in my niche.

There is only 1 that bothers me, because it is an obviously planted review of a questionable site (Fanbox) made to deliver little information and mislead the reader, and keyword stuffed to stay at the top of google.  I do wish that would be taken down.

9. Barbara Kay profile image75
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

Maybe he has a lot of friends outside of Hubpages that view them. He might post on Facebook and everyone wants to see the information to get something free.
    The topics are interesting. I'd probably view it. I wouldn't stay long, but I'd have to see.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)