jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

New Hub stopped rising at rating of 61

1. GwennyOh profile image85
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

For the first time, on only the second day since it was published, a hub stopped escalating.  Last night before I went to bed it was rated 61, it's the same rating today.  That can't be good.  May I get an opinion or two from long-term hubbers please?

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would really, really, really not worry about it! I don't want to see you troubled by something that, in all likelihood, will pass on its own.

Might I invite you to do what I do and ignore HubScores all together? big_smile

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

it may be a pause, it may be that will be it's rating/  I have hubs that rate that low despite looking fine to me.

3. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

Hub scores change regularly. A hub may have same rating for a few days and then change to something else.

1. Dana Tate profile image90
      Dana Tateposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't worry so much about the score. Just keep writing which you love to do and your scores will get better. p.s. I also have some that low...

4. GwennyOh profile image85
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the opinions.  I was wondering about that.  Now I have some basic insight.

5. RealityTalk profile image56
    RealityTalkposted 4 years ago

I agree with Simone Smith.  Ignore Hub Scores.  Write from the heart.  Write from your inner self.  Do not worry about scores or appeasing others.

6. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Um, unless that is not the reason for your writing.  Because people are all different, and stuff.

7. barbat79 profile image71
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

While I am not the most experienced hubber, I can share my experience and in short tell you Do Not Worry!  Some hubs stop for a while and out of the blue (no color pun intended) the red "raising counts" arrow appears and it gains more traffic than I ever thought.  Some seemed stagnant and after publishing another somewhat related hub, both seemed to rise.  Do Not Worry!  smile  Some hubs will be a hit long run and seem to have a regular flow of traffic and others will stop, possibly making us hubbers nervous and they will pick up again.  maybe one hub was never popular but gave a flow of 1 to 2 hits per week or month..it is still giving something.  keep going! smile
    Try HP Learning Center for how to gain traffic and also social media.   Take care!

GwennyOhposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Funnily enough, I was sick for a few days and when I returned, the article in question had risen significantly.  I didn't know what to expect with that one; but all turned out for the best.  The insight I gain here is wonderful, so thanks to all that responded.

1. barbat79 profile image71
        barbat79posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like WryLit's answer.  and glad you feel better.  I wrote in error thinking you were referring to hub view counts.  But the same philosophy applies. WryLit's comment says it all!

8. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Ask yourself - what do scores give you?

Do they bring you traffic? Do they bring you money? No. smile

GwennyOhposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How true.  I hadn't thought of it that way.  Great point.  Thanks!

9. My Mind Speaks profile image70
    My Mind Speaksposted 4 years ago

So true WryLilt, so true! lol

working