I am sure everybody will admit the number of views a hub produces does not count with the number of revenue it brings. Revenue depends upon the number of clicks made on the ads. Now hubbers won't click on the links and I believe maximum of the views come from hubbers. So I want to know What percent of number of views actually produce revenue in hubpages?
Its hard to say! My personal experience I have never got an ad click with less than 100 views here or on my blog on one post/article.
Now if your talking about your whole account. On average 5 clicks a day and those clicks are from my blogs not HP as I use the HP program.
Views for me so far is 518, and the day is not over with one click. Weekends are always less traffic.
Over the 5 yr lifetime of my account, I've received less than 200 clicks. Granted, I've not been an active huber for most of that time, and I write about non-mainstream stuff. On the other hand, the HP Earnings program has been earning me an average of 10 cents a day pretty consistently while getting about 25 - 30 impressions daily.
Check your Ad Program summary. It'll show you the number of impressions (views), the CPM (cost per however many impressions), and finally your earnings from those impressions.
Each view earns you revenue, but it takes awhile for it to add up to anything.
I have a correction. Actually, it's not EVERY view that earns you revenue. Your affiliate tracker is used 60% of the time your Hub is viewed. The other 40% HubPages own tracker is used and they get the credit for the Impression. This way the advertising revenue is split and they can keep the site running free for us to use.
I had totally forgotten about this until I just tried to figure out why my Impression and view counts were mismatched.
I have about 800 (very low) to 2000 (very high) views a day and I make between $3.50 to $9.00 a day. I've been here for a little over 5 years.
You want most of your traffic to come from outside of Hubpages. That is where the earnings are.
I agree with uninvited writer...you'll get most valid click not from hubber community but from public community...hubbers clicking on hubbers' ads is almost like INVALID clicks.
I agree, you have to tap into the google market if you want to make money.
by Levictus Marcus Saarith3 weeks ago
Hopefully someone from Hubpages HQ can look into this.I believe that those of us that are using a hosted account with Adsense are not getting any ad revenue on impressions from the niche sites.I base this on the fact...
by DdraigX7 years ago
So I've got a few hubs up and really just started here on hubpages. But the impressions that I get on hubpages, vs my google adsense doesn't quite make sense. I understand they take 60% of the impressions, but I was...
by x3xsolxdierx3x6 years ago
Hello,My name is Howie.I have done a tremendous amount of research regarding various offerings and elements of functionality/business models of the leading Web 2.0 revenue sharing websites. I've watched growth trends...
by Jackie Grant2 weeks ago
So I was checking my adsense reports and when I go to view the site report for wehavekids.com I only see about 5% of the page views that are showing on my account totals in Hubpages. I thought that there was an adsense...
by Beaks8 years ago
I know there is some percentage of views that goes to HubPages, but can it really be 90 percent? That's about how many of mine they get. I've never cared much until now when I have a hub that is actually getting a good...
by Abbyfitz4 years ago
I don't get much traffic, but I'm proud of what I do get. Every morning and night I take note of the number of views to see what my numbers were. My page views are not adding up to my impressions I'm getting paid for....
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.