jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Might have ruffled some feathers

1. HeatherH104 profile image79
    HeatherH104posted 4 years ago

Last night I submitted a hub called Standardized Tests Do They Really Determine Who Will Be Successful. It wasn't featured (don't know if the article could even be found if it's not featured) but I can tell by how someone voted on my poll that they disagreed with what I wrote. Perhaps the article didn't meet their writting criteria or nobody cares about standardized tests. I have a feeling no one liked what I said.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe someone from MTurk was having a bad-hair-day.

HeatherH104posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol!!!!

1. Writer Fox profile image79
          Writer Foxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The thing I don't understand is if one person's opinion (from MTurk or the Hub Hopper) can sabotage without recourse.  Does anybody know?

HeatherH104posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering the same thing.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

As far as I understand from the guide notes produced for MTurks, they are supposed to produce ratings that agree with those made by HP staff.

However, I assume that this works on some sort of general average basis. Thus, provided MTurks churn out standardised ratings 99% of the time, it is my suspicion that now and then they could easily slip in a malicious rating to kill a hub with which they disagree because of their political, religious, racial or other prejudices.

working