jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

my ad earnings

1. keish_777 profile image77
    keish_777posted 4 years ago

I am seeing in my account where one of  my CPM is $6.00 however my earning from this is only 0.2 cents, can some one please explain how this works, and where does the rest  of the money goes?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi keish_777,

CPM refers to the rate paid per 1000 page views. As your views go up, so will your earnings, but it can take time. It's immensely rewarding to watch your earnings grow as you write more Hubs and gain an audience, though, so be patient. You'll get there!

Here's some more info on making money with HubPages if you're interested. smile

2. Abby Campbell profile image92
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Sorry. I don't think I'll ever understand it completely, Keish. If you find out, please let us know. wink

3. keish_777 profile image77

Thanks for your replies but it really does not explain who gets the other $5.98.  I would really appreciate if some explain because it just seem so erroneous.

1. Johnrr631992 profile image84
      Johnrr631992posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay let me try to explain this.. If your CPM is 6.00 and you only receive .02 cents.. you must have only had 10 views for that day? because you would need 1000 views for that day to receive 6.00 dollars.. and your CPM will vary daily, and depending on your category.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It does explain it, let me try again.

Your CPM is how much you get per 1000 visitors.

If you had had 1000 visitors you would get $6.

If you got 2 cent you have about  4 visitors.

Yes?

If not, something went wrong.

5. rebthomas profile image87
    rebthomasposted 4 years ago

You haven't earned the $6.00 because you haven't had the 1000 views.  $6.00 only refers to the rate you WILL (when you reach it) be paid per 1000 views.

1. pmarinov profile image83
      pmarinovposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I was just wondering how is the CPM determined?

Thank you smile

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
        SpaceShantyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is based on the amount advertisers are prepared to pay for ads to be shown on your pages.

1. pmarinov profile image83
          pmarinovposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, makes sense!
          Thanks for your help!

6. keish_777 profile image77

I think I understand... a bit better now.  You guys have been great. Thank you all.

7. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It is descriptive, based on the ads you get fed based on your content and the kind of traffic you have.  Some ads pay better than others and I think US traffic tends to be worth more.

8. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 4 years ago via iphone

Thanks for asking this question. I'm glad to have read the answers. I'm wondering, based on one of the replies ... do advertisers bid to get ads placed on specific HubPages? Figured I'd ask it here instead of staring a new thread.

1. SpaceShanty profile image93

No, I have used Adwords as an advertiser, you bid on keywords and they are automatically show in various places such as google searches, websites and Hubs etc.  They are either shown on hubs  with simliar keywords in the hub or based on your seach history.

1. profile image0
        Jennifer Sucheyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks SpaceShanty.

9. peachpurple profile image76
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

how do i know how much is my CPM? Went to see the earnings but stated the cents. Where is the CPM located? Per thoussand view per month of per day?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this
    2. SpaceShanty profile image93

Per thousand views, reguardless of time.

To keep it simple @ $1.00 per thousand views (CPM)

If you had one page and it got
      1000 views in one day = $1
      1000 views in one month = $1
      10,000 views in one day = $10.00

working