jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Ordering Hubs on Profile Page

1. monkeyminds profile image84
    monkeymindsposted 4 years ago

How do I change the order of HUBS in my profile?

For instance, I would like to have all my Hubs show up from oldest to most recent.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image82
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi monkeyminds! Presently Hubbers can only choose the Hubs -- and the order they appear in -- in the "In The Spotlight" carousel. You can edit that carousel on the Edit Profile page: http://hubpages.com/my/profile/profile

As for the remaining Hubs, they are ordered from newest to oldest based on publication date. Changing the order is unfortunately not something we offer Hubbers control over, but I'll bring up your suggestion at our Community Meeting next week!

monkeymindsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanx! It would be  nice feature. I do a lot of Hubs that are in two or three parts. So they show up in reverse order in my profile. This is why I wanted to change order.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
          Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We discussed this in our community meeting today and determined not to make changes at this time.
          In addition to the "In the Spotlight" section, you may want to consider using Hub groups or publishing your Hubs in reverse order from which you would like them to appear.

Well, thanx for bringing it up.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image79
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

I may be wrong about this, monkeyminds, but when I personally go to my 'Edit Profile' page and click down to 'In The Spotlight' I see this:
    'Spotlighted Hub 1, 2, 3...' and it looks to me as if YOU can choose which Hubs you want in which one, but do not take my word on that.

Yes in the Spotlight, you can. I would like to be able order all my Hubs by first to last.

I was told that they considered this feature on my request today, but that they decided NOT to offer that feature at this time.

HP told me that I "may want to consider using Hub groups, or publishing my Hubs in reverse order."

I do a  lot of Two and three part Hubs. There is a consistent theme throughout my Hubs that can be more easily followed if I could order them.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
          The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can only choose 6 Hubs out of the ones that you have. Did you want to choose more of them?

Not really. It won't solve my particular problem. But...can this be done?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
              The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not to my knowledge, at the moment it only says 6.

working