jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I can't publish my short story

1. djt5036 profile image85
    djt5036posted 4 years ago

I did not start my HubPages account with the intention of publishing any of my short fiction or poetry, but once I saw that some hubbers were doing it, I decided to possibly give it a try myself.  I attempted to publish one and received a message that it was already on the internet somewhere (it was, but I had forgotten).  I deleted it from that old blog and tried to publish it once again without success.

I guess my question boils down to this: Is the unique content the HubPages demands unique as in "first time ever published" or unique as in "featured nowhere else on the web"?

I'd like to try again to publish my story, but I don't really want to fly in the face of HP culture.

djt5036

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When your content from the other site is removed, remove the cache from search engines.

To remove the cache of your article on Google:

http://support.google.com/bin/static.py … page=ts.cs
      (click inside the circle which says 'Web Search', then scroll down the page and click inside the circle which says 'A piece of content I am concerned about has already been removed by the webmaster but still appears among the search results.' Then, click on the link 'this tool.' You'll then be asked to sign in and then to enter the page URL and, if the page is still live, a word from the outdated cache page that you want to remove.

To remove the cache of your article on Bing/Yahoo:
      http://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/bing … l-cb6c294d

It can take 24 – 48 hours for the removal process.

After the cache version is removed try publishing again.  If it doesn't work, send an email to HubPages and tell the team that your content was online but has been removed.  They are very good about responding quickly and approving once your duplicate content is removed.  (Happened to me!)

2. djt5036 profile image85
    djt5036posted 4 years ago

That was a super thorough response!  Thanks fox

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.  Creative writers rock!

working