Can't Publish My Hub - Says Duplicate.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. P Priyadarshana profile image80
    P Priyadarshanaposted 10 years ago

I recently tried to publish a hub and it generates a warning saying, it's a duplicate and so can't be published. This Hub is composed using one of my previous articles which I wrote for a site, but I made sure to bring in down before trying to publish it here. Even I checked for duplicate content on the web, but it doesn't show any result. I contact the HP Support saying these details and still waiting for their response. Till they answer back, is there anything that I can do beforehand?  Any advice from a Hubber with similar experience would be greatly appreciated.

Writer Fox Gave me the Solution for which I think that would have caused the Duplicate Warning....

2. profile image0
    ZachKaerposted 10 years ago

i googled all of your posts....they're stolen .........write something original

3. P Priyadarshana profile image80
    P Priyadarshanaposted 10 years ago

No Way they are stolen! I wrote each and everything by myself. Previously I had published them in a blogspot blog.(even not all of them - some I wrote after joining HP) and before I published them here, I made sure to unpublish them all from that blog. How do you say they are stolen anyway?

4. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

After you remove content from a website, you must also remove the cache content that search engines store.

To remove the cache of your Hubs on Google:

http://support.google.com/bin/static.py … page=ts.cs
    (click inside the circle which says 'Web Search', then scroll down the page and click inside the circle which says 'A piece of content I am concerned about has already been removed by the webmaster but still appears among the search results.' Then, click on the link 'this tool.' You'll then be asked to sign in and then to enter the page URL and, if the page is still live, a word from the outdated cache page that you want to remove.

To remove the cache of your Hubs on Bing/Yahoo:
    http://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/bing … l-cb6c294d

It can take 24 – 48 hours for the removal process.

You must do this BEFORE you publish content on HubPages.

P Priyadarshanaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Very Much for Your Kind Words Sir. I had the feeling that these  cached copies must be making this trouble at the first place. They must be the ones causing the duplicates. I had no idea on how to remove them before, tried to google it, but couldnt find out the correct method. You are a life savior Writer Fox! Thank you thousand times! Will do as you said... smile

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
        The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you also using the copyright now that you are writing them on HP?

yes I am... Is there any problem with that? Since they are my own work, plus they are not available anywhere else on the web, i don't see any problem with that. If there is anything I should know, please let me know The Examiner-1

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
            The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

No I just wondered.

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Did you pay for the stock photos that appear in some of those hubs?  If so I suggest linking to the source so reviewers know you go them appropriately.

I wrote for the publishers and got permission for most of them, and  I use a photo collection that I have in my computer. Don't know the owners of those. And yes, I will definitely update the sources as soon as possible. Didn't know about the whole scenario when I joined the HP at first place. Still Im 3 week young smile thanks for your advice psycheskinner.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If the publisher bought the stock you probably can't use it on a new site.

Are you referring the publishers that granted me to use the pics? or the ones that I used from my personal collection?

I am referring to your hubs that use stock photography.  This stock photography may not be on-sold to anyone other than the original purchaser. The license does not allow it.

For example: "Image Direkt grants the Licencee a licence that grants in principle a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable right to use Licenced Material chosen by the User."

WoW! that's complicated. Never thought about it.. So how do you prefer me finding out that applies to the ones which I have used? doesn't getting permission from the users allows me to use them on my hubs?

No.  Basically if you personally did not pay for the stock photo, you need to stop using it.  Stock is not transferable by any form of permission.  The text I quoted applies to one of the pictures you are currently using and something equivalent applies to all major stock agencies.

Really? Thanks a lot for helping me out here.. If you can, please let me know that picture? is it related to the Green Coffee Hub? sad

The unhappy couple pic, I recognize it from Image Direkt.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)