jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Didn't we use to have the google +1 button on our webpages?

1. suzzycue profile image86
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

If not can Hubpages put it on? I think it would improve our ratings.

1. Dale Hyde profile image84
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We did have the Google+ button on our hubs.  It generated quite a bit of traffic for me as many of my readers used that button, sharing and boosting the views of my hubs.

However..........HP deemed it was not bringing in enough traffic and did away with it.  No discussion amongst us that write for this site, just an administrative decision to do so and then tell us about it.

That is the standard SOP here at HP.  They do and then they tell us.  Many times it effects the appearance of you hub as well requiring changes to be made in certain areas and capsules.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm also kind of curious about that. Squidoo, eHow, Blogger all have it.

1. Dale Hyde profile image84
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have seen it on those sites as well as others sites.  I have it on my blog.  I do know when one of my posts is Google+ed on my blog, the view stats reflect it. 

If it is so restrictive to traffic, why do the other sites have it?  That is what I figure you are implying. smile  My thoughts as well.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if social media sites bill for those buttons?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
              rajan jollyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would love an answer to that!

2. myefforts profile image85
              myeffortsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe so.

2. myefforts profile image85
      myeffortsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it will definitely improve traffic and ratings.

3. Healthyannie profile image75
      Healthyannieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We should have the Google Plus button. I have just written a hub about Google Plus. I ran a test, joined communities and posted links to my articles on Hubpages. The simply truth - Google Plus made a big difference to traffic. I am still monitoring the stats.
      I keep wondering why we do not have a Google Plus button. Does it have something to do with Bing? If I was a director of Hubpages I would put the Google Plus button on. More money for the people that work very hard on Hubpages but also surely more money for Hubpages Inc. It would make commercial sense, and many other writing sites have the Google Plus button.

2. ossmedia profile image59
    ossmediaposted 4 years ago

I think it should be implied.

3. suzzycue profile image86
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

Thank you for your replies. I seen that it is missing on the new scorecard on my Adsense page. It is highly recommended there.

working