jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How do I put the google plus in the hubs along with fb and tw

1. wetbaknproud profile image68
    wetbaknproudposted 5 years ago

How do I put the google plus in the hubs along with fb and tw

2. MargaritaEden profile image76
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

It should be added automatically after your publish your hub. I will see it on your right hand side of the hub.

1. MargaritaEden profile image76
      MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, there is no Google +1 button, sorry.

3. CCahill profile image79
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

Its weird because im sure it was there before they updated the hubpages layout, im not sure its something we can change though

1. wetbaknproud profile image68
      wetbaknproudposted 5 years agoin reply to this

it's not there since theythey updated the layout you're right and i don't know how or if i can put it on. thank you for your help

4. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Hubpages decided to remove the Google +1 button from the share options after Google announced in their webmaster blog that it is not as effective as they had hoped for use in their search algorithms. You can see a post about this from HP staff member MickiS at http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99624#post2133817

1. thecrazzykylex profile image41
      thecrazzykylexposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information, Glenn. But, one more question: Does that mean sharing your stuff on G+ won't help in google rankings?

2. Glenn Stok profile image99
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thecrazzykylex, Your ranking would increase based on more G  +1 by other people, but not if you +1 your  own content. Anyway, we don't have it anymore in hubs and it will soon be removed from Q&A too. Google is cracking down on self-promotion, so

5. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

When hubpages did their update they determined that most people who use google+ use a button on their browser to do it so it wasn't worth them leaving it on the hubs.

I recently got in a dispute with another member and the result was that the google+ extension only works for google chrome. So if you don't use chrome it's really difficult to get the browser button.

1. Glenn Stok profile image99
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The Google + button works on Firefox and IE too. I tested it since I use it on my business site.  The problem is that it can only be used if the user is logged into his or her Google account while browsing.

6. wetbaknproud profile image68
    wetbaknproudposted 5 years ago

thank you everybody for your answers,I guess they did away with the google plus.at least for now.

working