jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Asking Readers to Click Ads

1. profile image0
    Jake Keeleyposted 4 years ago

If you start a hub and use the Hubpages or Google ad programs on it and asked your audience to click on the adverts, for example at the end of a post, "if you enjoyed the hub please show your appreciation by clicking on an ad," is that against HubPage/Google policy?

1. To Start Again profile image84
      To Start Againposted 4 years ago in reply to this

YES. You cannot do that without getting dropped by AdSense and probably HubPages, too.

1. profile image0
        Jake Keeleyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank-you for your concise and speedy answer.

1. To Start Again profile image84
          To Start Againposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No problem. I suggest you travel over to the Learning Center and read through their stuff. You can find it by clicking the help tab in the top right of this page. Then clcik on the Learning Center link from there.
          smile And Welcome to HubPages! Love the pic wink

2. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will also add that if you ask your offline friends to go click on your ads that will get you kicked out of the program as well.  I know of a few people that have done that and are now permanently banned from adsense and it's a shame because they were good writers but too impatient to let their hubs mature naturally.  Write, write what people are searching for, and write often... The money will come on its own.

1. profile image0
          Jake Keeleyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you also for your addition! smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As several authors have pointed out, this is a violation of the terms of service for HubPages and for Google AdSense and is likely to result in your account being banned.
      I too would advise reading over the learning center and FAQ.
      You can find links for both here.
      http://hubpages.com/help-wizard/

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/service/pnp/cph/3a20000/3a20000/3a20900/3a20987r.jpg
    And these guys will drop by your house... big_smile

1. toptendeals profile image86
      toptendealsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Then you can write what it's like to be bayoneted.  Seems like that would be an intereting hub.  Although a video style might be too maturely themed.

working