Google Adsense Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image56
    midnightauthorposted 9 years ago

    If I get a click on a Google ad on one of my hubs, does it reflect immediately on my Adsense report page or is it held by Hubpages until the end of the month or thereabouts. Just curious because I am getting a lot of page views and no clicks.

    1. getpaidtopost profile image40
      getpaidtopostposted 9 years agoin reply to this

      within 1 - 2 hours you should see, remember dont click your own ads, and Google now knows most proxy servers.

      Google will let a few clicks go however you will not generate any earnings from this however if this keep happening all the time they will ban you.

  2. lrohner profile image80
    lrohnerposted 9 years ago

    Hubpages has no control over it. I don't know if it would be immediate, but it would certainly be within 24 hours.

  3. BrianFanslau profile image61
    BrianFanslauposted 9 years ago

    Yeah I do know that it reflects within 1-2 hours just got .11 cents from a click an hour ago smile

    1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
      Mrvoodooposted 9 years agoin reply to this

      How could you know that you had a click an hour ago?

  4. girly_girl09 profile image74
    girly_girl09posted 9 years ago

    HubPages has nothing to do with distributing or monitoring your Adsense earnings. When you enter in your pub ID, all that means is that you will have ads displayed 60% of the time on your hubs that are linked to your Google Adsense account. So, for 60% of the time, there is a chance that someone will click on your ads and the money will be credited towards your Adsense account. For 40% of the time, HubPages gets to display their ads on your hubs. If someone clicks during that 40% of the time, they get that money and if someone clicks during the 60% of the time that your ads are displayed, you get the money.

    There is no division of earnings or anything like that at the end of the month like Squidoo does. (This confused the heck out of me when I first started) Hope this makes sense now! I could never find a really clear answer when I first joined. Everyone just said 60/40 impressions and I was like, "what?"

    You can see up-to-the-minute updates by simply generating reports within the Google Adsense interface. The "Total Earnings" for the day is not updated immediately on the page displayed when you log in, however. (That takes anywhere from 30 mins to an hour)

    The reports you generate will provide you with the most updated information that Google can provide you. As for their side of things, not sure how often that is updated, but from what I've seen it's in real time.

    I also use SysSense, which updates in real-time.

    1. Richard Ring profile image53
      Richard Ringposted 9 years agoin reply to this

      Cool I didn't know it was based on the ad I thought it was HubPages taking 40% of the clicks and hiding it from adsense or something...this makes a lot more sense! Thanks for the info

  5. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

    If you plug Google Analytics in it will tell you even more than adsense alone.  The other day I even discovered where on analytics it breaks down everything for me.

    1. girly_girl09 profile image74
      girly_girl09posted 9 years agoin reply to this

      Does it tell you what times of day most of the clicks occur? Not that this info is terribly helpful, rather very interesting. Something I've always been very curious about. big_smile

      I haven't played around with analytics too much yet, other than what keywords people use to get to my pages.

      Will have to go check it out some more!

    2. Kidgas profile image78
      Kidgasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

      Where is that on analytics?  Thanks.

  6. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

    Not times of day, but it breaks down how much it hub has made so far that day.

  7. kblogs profile image67
    kblogsposted 9 years ago

    A lot of pageviews doesn't necessarily equal a lot of clicks. There are a lot of factors that go into if someone will/will not click your ad. Yes, if you're getting a ton of pageviews you should be seeing some clicks so I guess the question is what do you mean by a lot. I had a hub that was getting 20 pageviews steadily for about a month but didn't generate a single click. I had another that I just started about two hours ago that I've already gotten a click from.
    The trick is to be patient. There shouldn't be too long of a delay between clicks and adsense reporting it, though it will most likely not happen in the same minute.

  8. jenny88 profile image49
    jenny88posted 9 years ago

    Hi

    Trying to be careful what I post here as i think I got barred for my last post!!??


    What can you realisty earn from adsense each month?

    Just curios

    Jenz

 
working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)