jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

700 Words

1. dwelburn profile image95
    dwelburnposted 4 years ago

I'm in the process of updating all my hubs, and one of the things I've done is to make sure they are all at least 700 words long, which they now are. My latest update is how intermittent fasting can help with weight loss. This is at <link snipped>
    I've still got 7 updates to do, but these are all over 700 words anyway. However the last update I did that I brought up to the 700 word mark was my second most visited hub anyway, and it has increased it's traffic since the update, so it is now very close to my most visited. It's about how Arnold Schwarzenegger trained to get in the best shape of his life for the 1975 Mr. Olympia contest, and is at <link snipped>
    I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed any significant increase in traffic from increasing a hub's word count?

1. toptengamer profile image90
      toptengamerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Dwelburn I try to reach at least 1200 words with all of my hubs. Yes, I've noticed that it does help.

dwelburnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks toptengamer. A lot of my hubs are around the 1000 word mark, and some do exceed 1200. But I usually can't get up to that figure for a topic.

2. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

Is 700 words the minimum number for a Hub to be accepted?

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

No 700 words is not the minimum. However hubs that are at least this long have a better chance of getting increases in traffic.

1. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is there a minimum number of words?  I always thought that 500 words was the minimum.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is no minimum.

1. janshares profile image90
          jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Really? Well, that answers my forum post question that I couldn't get an answer for. Thanks, psycheskinner.

No; there is no minimum. But they like you to target at lest 700.

But it differs with poetry, which I can't figure out. I see a lot of short poems with text only that are featured.

Really' I've never looked into poetry. I presume they have to be your own poems? Do they get much traffic?

I just published a Hub that is a single poem I wrote.  I have four other Hubs that are collections of poems, each with some of my poems and most from other poets.  Yes, they get traffic from search engines.

2. To Start Again profile image83
                To Start Againposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Poetry and creative writing hubs don't even have the evergreen scale offered in the template/editing section like other hubs. Creative writing has different specifications.

2. Writer Fox profile image78

How could a Hub of 300 - 500 words pass QAP?  If you were rating a Hub that short through the Hub Hopper, would you give it a high score?

I can't tell word count amount when I do hub hopper.

4. dwelburn profile image95
    dwelburnposted 4 years ago

I noticed my hub links were deleted. And I just saw a note that posts with links to your own hubs will be deleted. However on another thread I saw a couple of posts that stated we were encouraged to post up links to our hubs that had been updated. Anyone know anything about this?

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

My latest hub passed QAP yesterday with 238 words.

That must be a new record.  I guess there isn't a minimum word count!

2. janshares profile image90

See, I told you. Nice hub, by the way, psycheskinner. You have four images, attributed correctly and a video. Plus, the topic itself is original and your links give a lot of pertinent, historical information to support your hub. I think all of this contributes to a hub being featured and deemed quality, regardless of work count.

working