jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Email button on hubs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

So, like, why don't we have that with the other share buttons? Should be easy to implement? smile

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@paradigmsearch

This feature suggestion has been brought up in the past.
      I will bring it up in our next community meeting.

Here are a few options you can use.
      There are browser plugin/extensions that add this option to any web content.

Here is an example of a tool for Firefox
      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo … mail-this/

One for Chrome
      https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … dpai?hl=en

You can also print the page to a PDF and then email that.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, what I was thinking is when/where a visitor gets inspired about a hub, thinks of a friend who would likewise be interested, clicks email button to send link to said friend. Or, if the visitor is really inspired, sends the link to their entire friends list; hey, it could happen! Gotta make it as easy as the tweet, pin, FB buttons... big_smile

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74

I do agree that this could be useful.
          Thanks for the additional info.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image74

It sounds like people are talking about two different features.

1. Send a URL of the Hub in an email from the Hub
      2. Send the content of the Hub in an email from the Hub.

Is there more support for one over the other?

paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

URL only! The whole idea is for the recipients to click the link and show up at the hub (with all of its illustrious ads...). big_smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image89
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I may have worded it poorly in my first post.  I don't mean to email the hub itself, but a link back to the hub (site).
        smile

3. Matthew Meyer profile image74

Thanks!

4. Matthew Meyer profile image74

We discussed this feature and have decided not to implement it at this time.
      Here are some other possible solutions you may want to try.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114425#post2434485

2. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I would definitely love an email button on hubs!  Many times I've wanted to email a hub instead of posting it on FB or on someones feed.

3. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 4 years ago

This is a great idea! I think it could never do any harm to have this but think it should be for Writer of Hub only to email, since there would be a chance of someone using our work as their own through email.

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We used to have this feature and it simply provides a link back to the original hub.

4. toptendeals profile image85
    toptendealsposted 4 years ago

It would be cool for non-hubpage members if they could follow us directly, or have a place to enter there email to be notified when we post a new hub.  Having emails of people interested in your work is really beneficial as a content creator and it would drive more of your audience to the website.  It sounds like a win win.

I know we have social media at our disposal but it would be nicer if the people that wanted it could just follow us directly at hubpages so I dont have to bug family/friends that might not be interested.  I suppose I could make a friend group for facebook friends that added me to follow my hubs.  But why not contain it all within the hubpage community.  Right now to follow directly they must sign up as a hubpage member or use RSS.  And signing up for the site isn't exactly ease-of-use for the end user vs a click.

1. larakern profile image73
      larakernposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I really like your idea! I believe that the traffic on hubpages would definitely go up if people who didn't want to write hubs could follow members without actually having to sign up. Great idea!

working