MUltiple accounts per user.. if I sign up an affiliate, and they creat

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 16 years ago

If i sign up an affilate under me and they create several accounts, will I get credit for their hubs on those other accounts? am I linked to all theirhub activity consolidatively?

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

My assumption is that unless they use one of your trackers it won't count as a referral.

2. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

I assume that it is bad practice and an effort to game the system. There was a discussion on the same subject a few months back when someone suggested the same thing to improve the impression  percentages to 70 and more.

Jerrico Usherposted 16 years agoin reply to this

game the system? I was saying if Joe blow signed up to hubpages under my link. then later this guy decided I want two personalities, one on poker tactics and one on magick so he creates a second account to split up his personalities, then out of remorse for say his mother is ashamed of him for the magick concept (die hard Christian?) and so he decides to trash the first account (because the name on it which cant be changed is "Magick", so he changes to the new account and scraps the old one.. but its the same guy.. still hubbing

based on this do I get sign up credit for his other account, to  me this should be a given since its the same guy just expanding his account to two, shouldn’t be fair that you don’t because let's say you sign him up and he gets a second account then cancels the first one (still an active huber on the new one) this in essence kills your income stream from him through no fault of your own.. its not fair that you don’t get credit on his new account its an extension of the same hubers hubs, if you ask me hubpages should take steps to make sure this doesn’t happen by:

a.) if a hubber creates a new account the affiliate that signed him up should get an auto responder email that they are in danger of losing an income source,

b) the person should be asked if they already have a hubpages account in the sign up process, if they check yes they should be informed that they should contact or sign up by the same link or person they originally signed up through.. hub pages should just give them the option (do you want to sign up through your original affiliate huber? if they check yes hubpages should make the switch over so we dont lose revenue, especially if we put a fire under their belly to get them to sign up in the first place and they assume it just switches over automatically and doesn’t. if hubpages doesnt want to release the hubers name (say they signed up via an anonymous link on a blog somewhere, they could just ask them and propigate the switch over.. they could also simply link the new hubber to the profile of whom signed them up before

I dunno just seems that something should be done to assure security of our affiliate sign ups, and any derivative hub accounts should be accredited to us since we did bring them here and they haven’t left hub pages.. any thoughts on this?

Jerrico

I don't lose sleep at night worrying about worst case scenarios or figuring out the angles on the remotest of possibilities.

What you're suggesting is unworkable. Or if the team had the time and the inclination to make it work they'd have to try and automate it or communicate it with no guarantee of success.

What you're concerned about reminds me of the quote "Penny-Wise, Pound-Foolish". You're too busy being concerned about the smallest of details. Me? I've got bigger fish to fry.

I get what your saying but its not small if the person you lose is a huge money making cash cow..  I woudlnt worry about losing a person who made .04 cents a month and barely wrote anything. but I get what your saying, so I'll leave it at that..

It's a very big and speculative "if".

I doubt that someone dropping one account and starting up another is going to be a cash cow. But that's just the way I look at things. Whatever I miss out on the swing I'll make up for on the see-saw (what comes around goes around... or "don't sweat the small stuff").

HubPages don't have the time, money or resources to fill in every possible hole.

What if someone  visits my one of my hubs while they're at the library and they click on to sign up? Then they realise they need to use an email address, but off the top of their head they're wondering if they should use their gmail account or their pop mail account. And they figure that they'll use their pop mail account, but if they do that they've got to be at home anyway to get the verification email. So they might as well be at home when they sign up. So they go home and they've forgotten where my hub is but they remember http://hubpages.com and go straight there and sign up. What happens then? I get no referral!

And it doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Maybe it's a good idea if Jerrico doesn't read that bit. big_smile

lol ok ok I get the idea.. lol

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

I agree with darkside... It's too complicated... Plus, unless that one account is pulling multiple dollars a day with the small percent of revenues that we get from signs and their hub traffic, it's realy nothing to worry about to loose one or two accounts.

I mean I do love the extra change, but what's an account unless it's a big income winner for you.  I have more signups who never make hubs than signups that do, so it's really never been a big concern to me whether I'd actually loose one.

I'd worry my time over my own hubs and such versus those of someone elses that may affect a few bucks of my referral revenue. Just me though...

But, I don't have a ton of signups when compared to other hubbers out there... If it's that serious, just focus on getting more signups than loosing one account.

Your right, although my plan is to target my sign ups by the headhunter methodology, sure I'll get a bunch of referrals too but I am going to seek out great writers, who have amazing potential and ambition and sign them up so each one of these WILL be a big deal if they go, I can see them making thousands a month which translates into a hundred or more for me.. but theirs 8 billion people out there I'm sure theirs a sweet chunk of motivated writers with great skills and perseverance, so I just need to get em, with enough signed up so what if one goes right?

Its funny I want to build one of those infomercial courses (since my hub about how to make one work has opened my eyes alot) but not like the ones out there that bs you, I want to make one that actually shows people the real deal with the real mindset.. if you do this right you can give them valuable insight (and no lies) and grab them as motivated affiliates.. alot of the courses do this but they bs their way in, way I see it the motivated people are willing to work to make the millions, the get rich quick market share are lazy and wont stick around anyway, so building a course and making it look like the real work it is could bring in a few diamonds in the rough..

4. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 16 years ago

The other thing is if I target them I can communicate to them and avoid this problem. I want to create a series of hubs myself much like an infomercial course (but free) about all the things a newbie needs to know learn and the systematic approach to writing, learning the link backs etc..

and when I sign someone up (from a page I make just to motivate them and let it do the selling them on the fun of hubbing for cash) I will go in and contact them via email with a welcome link that gives them in the email links to all the hubs (which will be interlinked too) and within that "course" which will be designed to help them not have to ask any questions.

It will also explain that if they make a separate account they should make sure to sign up under my link (and put the link in the email and hub pages or on my profile for them to be able to access it) incentive to do this is my helping them get going, and when they really enjoy the writing then.. They will feel a debt of gratitude for me showing them this service.. sooo in the end.. Solutions aren’t impossible.. just a little work to build a better system that works all around..

Thank you for your comments, they inspired me to figure this out.. You guys are awesome with incredible minds for logic, I simply love how writers think!

Jerrico

5. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

So you plan on doing this through a series of hubs? Or a separate entity?

How will you contact them, as when people sign up through your trackers, we cannot see who signs up. Although, I'm sure the HubTeam can see. We just aren't given the info.

It sounds interesting, I guess.

I'll find them where ever and use a hub as the link to get them to sign up, the hub will be designed to get them interested (I'll walk them through the exciting life of a Huber for example) then when their excited I'll tell them to sign up, once signed up I will ask that they become my fan so I can show them an exciting way to fast track to the starting line, then when they become my fan I'll go to their email contact thing and shoot them an email I'll use from a template I build (in word) that will link them to the next step (which will be my starter course in hub page writing, a teaching curriculum that will take the hub pages PDF and expand on it with all the things I asked FAQ with answers in the forum and so on.. make it a one stop shop place to get all their questions answered.. keep them interacting with me so I know who they are and wont lose them if they do something like open a fresh hub pages account.

to get them to tell me who they are they will be enticed to add me as a fan so I can shoot them an email they wont get otherwise.. I might build something to email them that I don’t hub to assure they don’t just find the hubs and don’t add me.. Just a way to track them so I can help them.. Most of the people I sign up I talk to for a while before I send them the link so I can be sure they wont be a dead beat Huber, so they will usually have no problem fan adding me..

the beauty of this for YOU guys who built great helper hubs for newbies is I will definately use your hub links to send you traffic, the course will include my explanations and at the right spots I'll link them to your hubs so when I get the hub written I will start asking you guys here for your links (not now thought Im swamped with these 6 hubs I'm writing simultaneousely right now).. I'm always looking for how I can help you guys and help myself too, I got your back.. just have mine (link backs is one way to help me) and just to show I'm the better person if Isabella has one I'll even link them to hers because shes a good writer, screw how she comes off in the forum, as the mafia says, this is not personal its bidnezz..

have a great hubtastic day.

Jerrico

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)