jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Re-Publishing a Hub

1. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

I am having trouble understanding the mechanics of re-publishing one of my Hubs after updating it.   This particular writing is already published, so after I push the 'done editing' button at the top of the page, I don't have a 'publish now' button, instead, I see a 'unpublish now' button.
    Do I push 'unpublish now' twice, so I can again 'publish' the thing in order to let the staff know that it's been revamped?  Or does the site 'know' somehow?
    I asked another Hubber about this some time ago, and she wrote that after fixing the Hub, I should hit 'publish now' again.  Is it just me who doesn't have that option? big_smile
    I hope this makes sense!
    Many thanks.

1. WryLilt profile image90
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure it was unpublished? Are you sure it wasn't just unfeatured?

lorlie6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I guess I'm not communicating this very well, WL!  No, it's already published, has been for months.  The reason I worked on it is that it has recently been unfeatured-my only unfeatured Hub.
        Let me try to say this another way...I edited this Hub today, pressed the 'done editing' button and was wondering-in edit mode still-why don't I have a 'publish now' button?
        How does HP 'know' I've been actively trying to improve it if I only have a 'unpublish now' button?
        I'm sorry if I can't be more accurate in my wording, but at the moment I can't figure out another way!  sad

1. WryLilt profile image90
          WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

With unfeatured hubs, they're still published. They can still be seen by other users. They just can't be crawled by search engines.

Every time you edit an unfeatured hub, it goes back through the QAP process for reevaluation smile

Thanks so much SS and WL!
            NOW I get it.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just click "done editing". That's it!

1. Thelma Alberts profile image83
        Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.

2. peachpurple profile image75
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

if your hub had been published and now you are editing it, hit the done editing button

Thanks, peachpurple, I will!

working