jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Is there a virus on HP?

1. CraftytotheCore profile image84
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I just went to notifications because I had a few to look at.
    While clicking on one of the notifications (and I don't really know which one it was now), my computer screen went blue.  An error message popped up that the page I was looking for wasn't a real page.  Then my computer security popped up with a message that it blocked a computer attack from a HP page.

Has this happened to anyone else?

1. Writer Fox profile image65
      Writer Foxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's probably something in your computer.  Go to this site and do the free download, then let it scan your computer:
      http://www.superantispyware.com/

CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  I do have a security which blocked whatever the threat was.  I had never experienced this before.

If you use the SuperAntiSpyware tool, be sure to click on 'Remove' when it has finished finding items.  You must click on that to actually remove them from your computer.  If the item is really bad (like malware)  it can take a few minutes to remove it.

This is what my scan detected:
            Category: Intrusion Prevention
            8/14/2013 11:45:42 AM,High,An intrusion attempt by vwvfeci.myvnc.com was blocked.  Attack: Malicious Website Accessed 2,No Action Required,

Was that from a SuperAntiSpyware scan?

No that is the antispyware I have on my computer.   I'm not a techy person at all, so I have no idea what it is.

2. profile image57
      Abdul Sattar Aminposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My friend if HP have the virus then (I don't know others but)  on my computer HP website can't open at all. Because I have avast! antivirus. Avast block the site. entirely.. smile

2. Mavis Hazelton profile image76
    Mavis Hazeltonposted 4 years ago

My HP seems to be working ok.
    Think it relates to your antivirus/spyware

I'm untalented with anything techy.  What does that mean it relates to my spyware?

1. Mavis Hazelton profile image76
        Mavis Hazeltonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yes

3. Writer Fox profile image65
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

Download the  SuperAntiSpyware tool from the link I gave you and it will remove the spyware from your computer.  It's a great tool and it's free.

4. gmv profile image90
    gmvposted 4 years ago

Get Symantec Enpoint Protection. It is the best antivirus software I have ever had. It destroys trojan viruses and all sorts of viruses.

Thank you!  I just rewewed a security thing for my computer last week which appeared to block whatever tried to attack.  I really don't know much about this stuff at all.  I'm technically disadvantaged! LOL

sorry, "renewed"

5. IzzyM profile image90
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

On the other hand, there just could be a rogue ad on the site.

It's happened before.

OP if you get this error message again, please note which hub you opened and write immediately to HP staff.

Thank you!  I don't know what a rogue is.  It happened when I saw I had notifications.  So I'm unsure where I was on the site when it happened.  It was something from within one of my notifications, I believe.

6. Vlorsutes profile image86
    Vlorsutesposted 4 years ago

I do know that for the past few days I've been getting script warnings popping up on here that have been blocked by Firefox's NoScript. It might be related in some form.

working