Hubpages is the best online writing community today. It has a lot of excellent features. The Hubages team did a great job designing this site. I don't have anything to complain. I will just like to make some suggestions.
1. The members should be allowed to choose how to display their ads. At least the placement, and colours, whatever Google allows, however, take precautions to prevent scam.
2. I don’t think the banner ads work. I don’t want to click them; no one wants to click them. They look like spam. So, if possible, avoid banners and replace them with text ads.
3. There should be a qualification test of some kind before signing up for Hubpages. Some people just want to make money. They don’t know anything about writing.
4. Ads should only be displayed after a few days of publishing a hub, at least till it is indexed in the search engines.
5. Related hubs from the author should be displayed on the hub.
6. Links (including ads) should be made a little darker—they are almost invisible to the reader with that light blue.
I hope you will consider my suggestions.
1.& 2. Hubpages owns Yieldbuild. Doubt they'll be asking for you opinion.
3. There is - you have to have 5 hubs pass QAP before you can publish freely.
4. They are, they have to pass QAP and be featured.
5. See 1 and 2
Thank you for making these suggestions, Mr. Tommy. I'd like to add just a few of my own.
1. I'd like Hub Pages to return to the size choices when posting a photo, i.e. full, half, and quarter. Some of my images are more important than others when writing hubs. Forcing hubbers to use only one size photo with the only way of reducing it by floating it to the right thwarts creativity.
2. I'd like to be able to put a picture to the left of my text. Right now, I can only float it to the right or leave it full size to dominate the screen.
Thank you for your consideration.
by classicalgeek7 years ago
Hi, yes, I'm a newbie. I read a lot about hubpages before joining, and I have just written my first two hubs and would like some suggestions for these, and for writing hubs in general. I would especially appreciate help...
by Paul Deeds7 years ago
We've realized for a while that with our existing tools it can be very time consuming to manage links across a large portfolio of hubs. Many Hubbers have tried to handle the interconnecting of related hubs using...
by Tara Nichols3 weeks ago
Hello, I am new to HubPages. I have been here 2 weeks now, and in that time I have published 2 article's. However, I am not getting much traffic to either article? Is there something I am doing wrong? Is it because I am...
by Daphne D. Lewis2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Living Dead Creatures From Life's Remnants. I am really new to HubPages and am not sure what is either...
by Gary Anderson7 years ago
Do you guys who have 100 hubscores pay for ads for a site that leads to hubpages or hubpages themselves? And how do you do this?Also, June seems slow, can't remember if that is how things worked last year.
by Tammy Hesler3 weeks ago
I was told to remove unnecessary links from my hub page https://hubpages.com/art/MAKE-CANDLES-THAT-MAKE-MONEY ; In order to have it moved to a specialty hub called Felt Magnet. I have tried breaking the links, and...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.