Hubpages is the best online writing community today. It has a lot of excellent features. The Hubages team did a great job designing this site. I don't have anything to complain. I will just like to make some suggestions.
1. The members should be allowed to choose how to display their ads. At least the placement, and colours, whatever Google allows, however, take precautions to prevent scam.
2. I don’t think the banner ads work. I don’t want to click them; no one wants to click them. They look like spam. So, if possible, avoid banners and replace them with text ads.
3. There should be a qualification test of some kind before signing up for Hubpages. Some people just want to make money. They don’t know anything about writing.
4. Ads should only be displayed after a few days of publishing a hub, at least till it is indexed in the search engines.
5. Related hubs from the author should be displayed on the hub.
6. Links (including ads) should be made a little darker—they are almost invisible to the reader with that light blue.
I hope you will consider my suggestions.
1.& 2. Hubpages owns Yieldbuild. Doubt they'll be asking for you opinion.
3. There is - you have to have 5 hubs pass QAP before you can publish freely.
4. They are, they have to pass QAP and be featured.
5. See 1 and 2
Thank you for making these suggestions, Mr. Tommy. I'd like to add just a few of my own.
1. I'd like Hub Pages to return to the size choices when posting a photo, i.e. full, half, and quarter. Some of my images are more important than others when writing hubs. Forcing hubbers to use only one size photo with the only way of reducing it by floating it to the right thwarts creativity.
2. I'd like to be able to put a picture to the left of my text. Right now, I can only float it to the right or leave it full size to dominate the screen.
Thank you for your consideration.
by Debra Roberts 4 weeks ago
Aside from sharing my article links on Facebook, what are some tried and true ways of increasing traffic/reads to our articles? I'm new; 3 weeks in, have 10 published and featured articles so far. I'm trying to figure out what the number on my profile photo means exactly. I know...
by classicalgeek 8 years ago
Hi, yes, I'm a newbie. I read a lot about hubpages before joining, and I have just written my first two hubs and would like some suggestions for these, and for writing hubs in general. I would especially appreciate help on layout--usually I do okay in layout for print and normal web pages, but this...
by Chitrangada Sharan 11 months ago
When a particular hub is unfeatured, can the moderators be more specific about what is the problem areas which have to be improved. Just writing ‘ Spammy elements ‘ doesn’t help. I keep on updating my hubs regularly, even if they have decent traffic/ views. But these days, any editing (from...
by Paul Deeds 8 years ago
We've realized for a while that with our existing tools it can be very time consuming to manage links across a large portfolio of hubs. Many Hubbers have tried to handle the interconnecting of related hubs using Link and RSS capsules. That works to an extent, but we feel that...
by Daphne D. Lewis 3 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Living Dead Creatures From Life's Remnants. I am really new to HubPages and am not sure what is either too much or not enough. I always like to provide my source links, and have gotten...
by Gary Anderson 8 years ago
Do you guys who have 100 hubscores pay for ads for a site that leads to hubpages or hubpages themselves? And how do you do this?Also, June seems slow, can't remember if that is how things worked last year.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|