jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Is it bad practice to link between your OWN hubs?

1. Better in Violet profile image89
    Better in Violetposted 4 years ago

I've written a few hubs on the same family of topics and I'd like to link them together using the Links capsule at the bottom of each hub. Is it considered bad practice to link between my own hubs? Is this something I can be penalized for by Google? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I linked two of my articles together using appropriate anchor text a few weeks back and within the next few days, both articles plummeted on Google.

Thanks for any insight. smile As you can tell, I'm still pretty new here and would appreciate your advice!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Although I do not use the link capsule, I DO interlink my own hubs with in-textual links.  Make sure that the second hub is actually relevant to the first, though - having the same author is not relevant.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pure coincidence.  Linking between your related Hubs is a very good thing, as Wilderness explains.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm very curious to see what the blog looks like, but you haven't added the link to your profile!

That's something you should definitely do!

3. profile image0
      Ronnytronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Use Anchor text (keyword or keyword phrase) when interlinking your hubs. It'll help with search engine rank.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Linking to your own Hubs makes sense if the information to which you are linking is directly related to the Hub content.

2. Better in Violet profile image89

Thanks for the quick reply!

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Link in the text of your hubs where it is relevant rather than a "link capsule". Also don't always use the same anchor text, vary it as much as you can.

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I always use links in the text. It's a good way to direct traffic from high traffic hubs to low traffic hubs.

If you insert your _referralURL into the URL, you can also get dibs on 9-12% of impressions where ever the visitor goes on the site wink

5. Better in Violet profile image89

Thanks very much for all the replies smile

6. ian 12am profile image86
    ian 12amposted 3 years ago

Thanx Violet for this question. It has been puzzling me for a while too, all the replies are great and helpful

7. pratoocool profile image60
    pratoocoolposted 3 years ago

Thanks for all the help here. I also practice the same technique but i think i lack some sort of relevance because of which my readers may get confused and go off. I will definitely be making some changes and write more relevant content so that i can link them further.

Thanks

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is very important to link your hubs where it is relevant. I have one hub that gets close to zero traffic from sources such as google but receives 100s of visitors each week purely from links on the other related hubs which do receive traffic from google.

working