jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

New Chinese author asking for suggestions

1. Ming Armstrong profile image57
    Ming Armstrongposted 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions:
    1. Does video matter a lot if I post a Hub without it?
    2. How can I prevent the published article returned for moderation?

I am pretty new to the Hubpages and I hope someone who has been here long enough to help me to improve my Hubpage. I am Chinese and English is my second language. I am not asking Hubpage to lower the standard just because of my English skill, but I have worked very hard to write a quality article.  But the problem is some of my articles could not published since they did not meet the standard. I was discouraged a little bit. So, I took off two articles and then I tried to write something else I am comfortable with. Good thing is my recent two articles are marked as feature articles. But one of my articles returned for moderation.
    Thank you very much.
    Ming

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.  Many writers here have English as a second language, too.

1. You do not need a video on your Hub.
      2. Was a reason given for not featuring one of your articles?

You can always send an email to team @hubpages.com and ask them what needs to be improved.

Also, you might find some information here:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

2. Ming Armstrong profile image57

Thank you Writer Fox. Email address is very helpful.

3. Ming Armstrong profile image57

Three more questions:

1. Why cannot I put 3 amazon ads in one amazon widget?

2. If Hubpages like one amazon ad per widget, why does it allow more in one giving the option?

For example, one of my articles - Top 9 Vitamins Women Must Take, was returned for moderation, the only change I made is to separate 3 Amazon widgets (3 ads per widget)  into 9 Amazon widgets.   

3.  Why do I have a different web address to my article?

For example, my first submitted article is Chinese traditional medicine doctor's lifetime health rule, but it did not meet the standard, so I wrote another one - Top 9 Vitamins Women Must Take, but the web address is the previous article address "http://mingarmstrong.hubpages.com/hub/Chinese-Traditional-Medicine-Doctors-lifetime-health-rule"

Thank you for your help!!!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ming,

Welcome to HubPages! We have a very friendly and supportive community and as Writer Fox mentioned, many writers here on HP have English as a second language.

We've made a recent change and we now only allow one product per capsule, so if you'd like to add more products, you'll have to add additional capsules.

The URL of your Hub is permanent once that Hub is created. You can edit the Hub and change the Hub's title but the URL will always stay the same. You can create a new Hub with a new URL and transfer the text of your Hub there, but honestly, a good title is much more important than the Hub's URL.

1. Ming Armstrong profile image57
        Ming Armstrongposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Christy. Now I understand how amazon capsule works as well as why my article has a different URL.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Happy to help! smile

4. profile image0
    Ronnytronposted 4 years ago

I might be wrong, but I don't think hubbers from countries other then USA are allowed to use amazon capsules. Check it in earning settings.
    As for your URL, I don't think that's possible. There must be some confusion.
    Did you delete the contents of your first post and wrote the second on the same draft?

1. chasmac profile image99
      chasmacposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No, it's not just USA.

2. Ming Armstrong profile image57
      Ming Armstrongposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ronnytron,
      Yes, you are right. I just deleted the contents without creating a new hub. I'll know next time. thank you.

working