jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Spam links posted all over the forums!

1. profile image0
    Ronnytronposted 4 years ago

Some spammers are posting spam links all over the forums; it's annoying. I did report them, but I think Hubpages team should come up with something to prevent this; for example: if three or more people report a comment then it should be automatically hidden until the staff verifies it. Same thing can be done with the spam accounts. These spammers are hurting the reputation of the site!

What does the Hubpages team do when they catch a hubber posting spam, do they ban him/her? If yes are they banned permanently or are allowed to join again?

I hope you consider my suggestions.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ronnytron.
      We made some changes this week, since this new influx of comment SPAM in order to better address and automatically remove them.
      Please continue to report content as SPAM as it helps our automatic measures better identify and address SPAM going forward.

1. profile image0
        Ronnytronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is it necessary to report all the spam comments in a forum, or reporting just one of them is enough?

The main thing is to report one for each of the usernames that made the post.
          If there a re a huge number, you certainly don't have to take the time to report each comment.

1. profile image0

What if I report the person who posts these spams along with the spam comments?

That is also helpful.

1. profile image0

What do you think about my suggestion on hiding the comment when reported by multiple users?

We do some automatic comment SPAM removal now and added some new measures this week in response to the recent barrage of SPAM comments.
                  I am going to bring this up in our community meeting and see if there is anything else we can do to better address such SPAM going forward.

1. profile image0

Thanks for replying!

2. 2uesday profile image84
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

It might be useful if you could put an automatic limit on the number of posts a newly signed up person can make in a set period of time.

1. SuperBrainwave profile image91
      SuperBrainwaveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Here we go again....

Closed to reply

working