jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Help - Using the Facebook Share Button

1. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 4 years ago

I've got a Facebook page that I promote onto.  In Hubpages when I am looking at one of my hubs and want to share it o Facebook, the icon says I need to "switch" to my personal account (which I hate/don't use)

Is there any way round that?  Is this the norm?

Not got round to setting up a page before, so it was a surprise when I finally did it that I still can't simply share from sites.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi earner,

Facebook does not allow Pages to Like or Share content with the Like button. It only allows individual users to do so. You can read more about it here: http://amplexity.com/blog/facebook-swit … ike-issue/

There are other options, though. If you use the Google Chrome browser, there are several apps, such as Buffer, that allow your Facebook Page to share content easily by pressing a button. Hope that helps!

2. Sue Bailey profile image89
      Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had that problem too.  I wanted to keep my personal account separate from my articles page.  It seems the only way to do it is to physically enter the link on the page.  Its a bind but at least it gets your hub on there.

2. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 4 years ago

Cheers.  That's a bit of a nuisance.  I can share, of course, by posting onto the page, but it'd have been handier if I'd just been able to click "share" when I saw it anywhere.

I have Chrome, but don't use it as it clogs up my PC and is too slow.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! It is indeed a feature that would make things much easier for Page owners. FB is always changing the way they do things, so hopefully they'll allow it at some point in the future.

3. Anshuman Sinha profile image61
    Anshuman Sinhaposted 4 years ago

I find the most easiest workaround to be posting on your page via Facebook itself. Describe the topic, give them the link and attach a related image with the post. That's the best option.

working