jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What happened to the facebook sharing button? anyone know?

1. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

What happened to the facebook sharing button? anyone know?

First we lost the Google+ button, and now the Facebook one, whats next, yikes all the sharing features are slowly but sure disappearing it seems, here on hubpages. Does anyone know whats going on with them cool buttons.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7037503_f260.jpg

2. B. Leekley profile image89
    B. Leekleyposted 5 years ago

For awhile there were a bunch of share buttons. As you say, the options keep dwindling. If I like a hub a lot, I still share it on Google+ and Facebook by copying and pasting the URL. I hope the HubPages management says why they reduced the share button choices.

1. Marsei profile image89
      Marseiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to know why they took away the share button choices also.  I used to both tweet and share whatever I liked.  I, like you, paste the URL and share that way.  I think the problem is that  most people reading a hub won't go to that much trouble

3. stillwaters707 profile image61
    stillwaters707posted 5 years ago

I believe I still see the facebook button sometimes.  When I go into hubpages, NOT signed in, I see it more often than not.  But, when I'm signed in as myself, do not see it.  Of course, copying and pasting works very well.

4. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

It is still there, sometimes it just takes a while for the hub to upload, and then all the sharing buttons will pop up, so no worries.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. CloudExplorer profile image78
      CloudExplorerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think the FB button is intermittent though, it goes and comes every now and then as Stillwaters707 stated. At least that happens in my digital neck of the woods anyhow, but thanks for the cool answer Faith.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, I just noticed on my hub, that the FB button is not on there, at this moment, but as you say, it may be intermittent?  Strange.  What I do know is that I can pin it on pinterest and then it gives you an option to share on Facebook!

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have not had any Facebook buttons for several days. But, I receive Facebook traffic only when I post a HubNuggets Weekly Hub for reading and voting, so it is not a large loss.

working