jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Would people be intrested in survival hubs?

1. cmlindblom profile image79
    cmlindblomposted 3 years ago

I know there are a bunch out there but I am a serious survivalist and I was wondering if people would want to hear about tips, and ways of doing things hubs. I am trying to start sort of a series and would like some feedback from you guys. Would you be interested in reading about that?

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why not? I think it would be quite unique, haven't seen many survival hubs here so far, or perhaps have missed some if there are. If you are an expert in the field and have a passion for it, I am sure many would enjoy reading them. I am not a survivalist, but am intrigued!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Keep in mind that you are not just writing for the HubPages community. Your hubs will usually be indexed by Google and other search engines, so they are available to the whole whole world.
      Yes, there is a lot of interest in survivalist, off grid and self- sufficiency lifestyles.  You have nothing to lose by trying it out, and possibly you will provide information that  many people are searching for.

2. cmlindblom profile image79

True, I do understand the search engine stuff but it is the people on here that I like comments from. Search engines are just a plus. I'll probably give it a shot. Any requests for a survival topic?

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Edible plants, how to orient yourself without a compass, how to make stuff out of spare items, how to keep yourself hydrated, are some topics I find fascinating.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you are here to reach an audience and/or make money search engine traffic is your number 1 priority.  We don't spend all day reading each others hubs.

3. tamron profile image53
    tamronposted 3 years ago

I love survival type articles and videos with clear images.  I would like to request and learn more about trapping.

4. cmlindblom profile image79

Actually I was planning on starting out with a small game simple snare trap hub... I guess I'll go ahead and do it then.

5. FlourishAnyway profile image91
    FlourishAnywayposted 3 years ago

Try it out, see what kind of comments and traffic it gets.  Allow yourself a few months and several hubs in the same topic area.  Go for it if you have a passion for it.  It is always better to write about something you are passionate and knowledgeable about.

6. BradyBones profile image87
    BradyBonesposted 3 years ago

Write what you're passionate about. The rest will follow in time. Then again, even if it doesn't, the trick is to enjoy the process. Right?

working