jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Yahoo

1. ZachMayes profile image60
    ZachMayesposted 3 years ago

Anyone ever published on Yahoo? If I may ask, what is an average upfront payment? I have a few pending, and I am trying to decide if it is as good as Im going to get, or if I should try to rework it for a better offer.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yahoo Voices?

ZachMayesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah. I was branching out, looking for a few new venues to publish in, along with HP but unfortunately, their support community hasn't been as....present as the hubpages crowd typically is.
        I wrote a couple good articles, and am just trying to figure out if the payment that I was offered is average for over there, or if my articles are lacking something. The price is decent I guess all things considered, but less then I expected based on my experiences freelancing.

1. Susana S profile image91
          Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You'll get more money at constant content if you're a good writer. I have a hub about the site on my profile page if you're interested.

ZachMayesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Susana, I will read that right away.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They list their pay ranges very clearly.  I'm going to guess most of what they pay upfront is closer to the bottom of their range than the top.

http://contributor.yahoo.com/help/earning-money/

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wrote for them my first year as an online writer and was happy to end my relationship with them.  I made maybe $25 on 82 articles for an entire year, had no real support and did not like the game playing that went on there. HP is a much better place to write all the way around.

3. RonElFran profile image96
      RonElFranposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've published quite a bit on YCN. My upfront payments range between $3.25 and $4.25, most less than $4.00. It took a little time for me to understand what they were looking for, but rejections and resubmissions actually helped in that process. I use YCN and HP for different types of articles. I have a hub comparing HP, YCN, and RedGage that you can access from my profile page if you are interested.

working