Getting a dofollow linkback on your profile

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Stun profile image78
    Stunposted 7 years ago

I was reading through the FAQ and one thing that stuck out for me was the fact that after your Hubber Profile score reaches 75 or higher your website link on your profile is supposed to change from nofollow into dofollow. The links on my profile are all still nofollow links (I checked with inspect element) and so I was wondering if there is a specific way in order to have this updated. (Such as contacting support or something.)

I run a web design service for my local community so having a nice dofollow link from hubpages would be really great to help me rank for local keywords.

Hopefully someone can give me some insight, I don't remember exactly what page I read this info on but I know I did, and I can try to find the topic again if anyone would like to read it.

Thanks!
    Jacob

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I could be wrong, but I believe you can get dofollow links in your articles but not on your profile. That's been my experience.

2. galleryofgrace profile image73
      galleryofgraceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No links in your profile and links in articles can not be self serving. You will never get published trying to promote yourself.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your entire profile page is allowed to be self serving - you can add a button to your website, as well as buttons to all your Social Media profiles.

1. Stun profile image78
          Stunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WryLilt, I was going to post a version of what you said but it came out sounding rude so I decided not to publish it. lol

2. profile image0
        promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm not aware of any rule against links in articles to outside sites owned by the writer, especially if the sites are relevant to content in the Hub and the number of links is limited to just one.

If there is such a rule, quite a few writers are ignoring it as well as the editors who process Hubs for niche sites.

1. Stun profile image78

Yeah I don't think I'd end up inserting my website link in any articles I publish anyways, there's lots of dofollow links I can get using scrapebox and I wouldn't want to hurt my score on here, even if it was just by a little. I was just figuring if Hubpages offered a dofollow link in my profile I would take advantage of the offer! lol

Thanks for the response! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your Hubber Score is totally irrelevant unless you want do-follow links in your Hubs.   Adding links in your Hubs will NOT harm your score anyway!   If you add links that are judged "illegal", the Hub will be unpublished, that's all.   You can certainly add links to your own website IF you follow the rules, without any penalty.

I have a Hub which I recommend you read - it outlines the essential rules of HubPages.   You can find the same information in the Learning Centre but it's spread over multiple articles.  My Hub summarises the rules you really need to know.  You'll find it in the slider on my profile.

2. YouGet1Shot profile image88
    YouGet1Shotposted 7 years ago

Hi Jacob,

I remember reading something like that a few years back, but I don't know if it's still current. Too bad you can't ask an innocent question about something in the HubPages FAQ without someone pointing fingers at you.

Is there a way to check other hubbers' profiles to see if they have dofollow links? If nobody has them, even high-scoring hubbers, then that pretty much answers your question.

I wouldn't be surprised if all profile links were nofollow, with all the drama HP has had to endure with Google updates.

1. Stun profile image78

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't feel as getting a dofollow backlink in exchange for writing hundreds to thousands of hours of content (I have around 100 articles I pre-wrote for a site I was going to build but never ended up doing it, so I am publishing them on Hubpages instead) and building backlinks to my articles to drive more traffic to HubPages is asking too much, lol.

I like this site and the community it offers, so if I was just looking for a way to spam my backlinks there's hundreds of other places on the internet I could do it with much much less effort involved using scrapebox for dofollow .edu and .gov domains. (And there's a lot of them out there.)

I found lots of information regarding a dofollow link in your profile from old hubs on here and old posts on WF and DP, saying you need a score of 75. However, I did what you suggested and checked others profile pages and it seems they are all no follow. What a shame, I was hoping I would get a nice dofollow on my profile page for my small web design business, owell lol!

Thanks very much for the long response!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That may be from back in the days when you could create hyperlinks within the text on your profile page. We're now limited to the links in the icons, and they are no-follow as far as I'm aware. 

I don't know why you'd think a backlink from your profile page was worth much anyway.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Hello Stun and welcome to Hubpages!

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, profile links are no follow. However you can add appropriate links to hubs and they'll be dofollow after your score reaches 85. Just make sure they're relevant to the hub (such as further reading on the topic of the hub) or they won't be allowed.

Nothing wrong with getting backlinks as long as it's done legitimately! I'm far too lazy to get many so I'm thankful for organic ones.

I hope you enjoy writing here - just remember that some members worry about spam due to the site having a tendency to be featured on 'get free backlink' spam SEO sites. wink

1. Stun profile image78

Yeah I understand, you are right also as far as I can tell all the profile links were swapped to nofollow. What a shame! lol

Yeah I very much enjoy writing here, like I said above there's thousands of places that are much easier dofollow links I can easily find using scrapebox, so I wouldn't end up putting my link in any articles anyways. I was just hoping that I could get a free dofollow from my profile cause every link is a good link when it comes from a reputable site like hubpages. Thanks very much for the response, and keep up the good articles big_smile

2. Julie Nou profile image56
      Julie Nouposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi WryLilt, just wondering... you say Hubscore should reach 85 to get dofollow link. If I have existing posts with links in it, will it automatically be change from nofollow to dofollow the moment I hit the score 85?

4. parvindersingh13 profile image61
    parvindersingh13posted 6 years ago

i think you shouldn't worry about getting dofollow backlinks, just write good articles after keyword research and you will get good traffic. And, if your hubscore is more than 85 (link will be dofollow's)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)