jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Crazy stupid question

1. EGamboa profile image84
    EGamboaposted 3 years ago

This may be a crazy stupid question, but is Google or Hub counting my clicks on my own Hub in Views. I kinda assumed my own IP address would be screened out…is this true?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your clicks are counted in the numbers provided to you. Sorry.

2. Cardisa profile image93
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HP counts your views but I don't think Analytics does.  Analytics gives you a more accurate figure of your views.

1. LCDWriter profile image93
        LCDWriterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Analytics does as well but there is a way to change it.

1. Cardisa profile image93
          Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was trying to remember if there was a feature which allows you to block your own views.

I know there is but I've never done it.  If you go to one of your pages and then immediately go to analytics you can see where you have been.

2. CarolynEmerick profile image90
    CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago

I don't think your own views count! Only if you were hiding your IP address and clicking over and over again and they caught on, then that would get you in trouble. but yeah you're right, I don't believe your IP address counts. Not only that, but if you're logged in then they know it's you anyway. I.e. even if you logged in from a friend's computer, different IP, but were signed in from your own account then it wouldn't count.

3. LCDWriter profile image93
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

Beth37 is right.  Your views are counted in your totals.

4. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

I wouldn't expect to be paid for them, but the views themselves are reflected in my stats. When I'm editing a hub - before it is published - there are 'views' counted ... and those views could only be me, writing more when I have time. smile

5. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

There are instructions inI Analytics for filtering out your views. Your views do not count toward income for either HP or Adsense. Your IP address is recorded and not counted in final total.

Right.  Counts in the tally but does not count for income purposes.

working