jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Gramme check.

1. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 4 years ago

Its probably suggested before, but, is it a stretch to ask for an in line grammar editor and suggestions tool? There are plenty of ways to put it into the text editors system.

1. Cardisa profile image93
      Cardisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There is a grammar tool in your text capsule. It's that ABC thingy with the tick under it.

1. profile image0
        epsonok0posted 4 years agoin reply to this

As far as I know that has only ever checked spelling for me. I am talking about verb use, run on sentences, incorrect punctuation? and the whole lot. But I will check that tool a bit further to see if my idea is actually a real thing like you say. LOL that has happened.

1. Thallia profile image54
          Thalliaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm not aware of any online program or tool that will correct all grammatical errors, spelling, etc... except for a live human editor.

Why would anyone want such a thing anyways?  Unless it points out all of the mistakes and explains how to correct them.

Sometimes we just need to learn (or relearn) these things.  I've used https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/1/5/ and other websites that I think have been very helpful.

1. Thallia profile image54
            Thalliaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I also found this section that might be helpful

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/598/02/

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Most word processing programs have these features as do many free, text-checking websites.

1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, But I think HP would benefit from it as it seems that humingbird takes grammar a bit more serious. At least as far as I can tell through Google;s cryptic explanations. I just started using an offsite tool and plan to put all my hubs through it.

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 4 years ago

As the staff on this site is a pretty small group, over the years they have repeatedly said they don't want to out their efforts towards reinventing the wheel when good tools already exist.

That's why the stats here are basic, and they built-in the ability to use Analytics.

Since it's a REALLY good idea to keep copies of your work (meaning don't compose your Hubs in the capsules) they haven't built the sorts of tools that are found in writing software.

working