jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Google Keywords Tool --"alternative"

1. Clinton1998 profile image76
    Clinton1998posted 3 years ago

I am all new to Hubpages, SEO and keywords stuff. Many of the hubbers here referred to the Google Keywords Tool to find great keywords but when I searched for that in Google, it turned out that it turned out to be updated into part of Google Adwords, which I am not using. So, could there be by any chance be an alternative to that tool which I can use easily and maybe even free.
      Thanks!

1. Hamshi profile image81
      Hamshiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Google keyword tool is now keywords planner, it's free too. Just sign into your  adwords account to use it. I've written a step by step tutorial on how to use it with print screen images of each step.
      <link snipped>
      I hope you find it useful.

1. Hamshi profile image81
        Hamshiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I didn't mean to link drop to my lens and it's useless for me moneywise.
        That lens will be useful for you so do read it if you can. Just type in keyword planner tutorial by hamshi on Google and it will come up.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have a hard time with the keyword planner from Google, so I started using the free keyword tool at Wordtracker.

3. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is no good alternative to the Google Keyword Planner.  All of the paid services are hopelessly outdated since they were set up to extract data from the old Google Keywords Tool. Access has changed and you now must sign up for an AdWords account to use it.  Signup is free and you don't have to actually buy ads.  Sign up here using your Google account and you will find the Keyword Planner from the pull down menu on 'Tools and Analysis' on the top menu:
      http://www.google.com/adwords

1. janderson99 profile image84
        janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I find Jaaxy(dot)com very useful as well as Google autosuggest and tools that tap into it such as Ubersuggest(dot)org  and suggester(dot)promediacorp(dot)com/

2. profile image60
        aruns2013posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi All,

Please go through below link and if u have any reference for all work which mention on website pls help to grow in this field...

1. profile image60
          aruns2013posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi All,

Please go through below link and if u have any reference for all work which mention on website pls help to grow in this field...

Link----
          Technocrestsolutions.com

2. Hamshi profile image81
    Hamshiposted 3 years ago

On the tutorial article, I've mentioned to ignore the CPC [cost per click] part of the keyword planner for Squidoo lenses but you will find that one useful for HP/Other sites/blogs that earn from adsense/ad programs.

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

Google's adword keyword tool is a little harder to find now but it is still functional.

You can also use the drop down menu in google search to get keyword suggestions. These suggestions are based on recent trends and often more useful than the historically orientated adwords tool

4. Clinton1998 profile image76
    Clinton1998posted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I was mistaken before that I should buy ads package to access the Keyword Planner.
      Of course, Google is the best!

5. Danwe profile image75
    Danweposted 3 years ago

You have two options, use adwords or find a different tool such as wordtracker (which is paid service however).

But really, nothing ascary about using it as a part of adwords smile

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wordtracker has a free keyword tool, it just doesn't have as many features or give as many results as the paid one.

working