jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Copied Hubs

1. Nick B profile image83
    Nick Bposted 3 years ago

True, I've reproduced some of my hubs in other places, but many of them I unpublished too. However, one or two of my hubs I have noticed have been copied and I either cannot find any trace of this when following the link, or, as as happened recently, I have sent a snotagram to Google and had then remove the piece.

My issue is that the latter happened some time ago and yet HubPages has not rectified the problem. My hub still shows that it has been copied by the very people or person who took the article down.

So I searched for information and can find nothing about HubPages' responsibility towards ensuring that hubs are checked and if a copied hub has been uncopied, that is reflected in the reports.

Come on chaps, what's going on?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are correct: HP has no responsibility towards ensuring that your hubs are checked for duplicates.  Although HP offers the service in a very limited way, it is your responsibility.

If a copied hub has been uncopied, the symbol will eventually disappear from the stats page, but it can take considerable time.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image86
    Thelma Albertsposted 3 years ago

I  just saw on my account the sign of a copied hub. My copied hub is A Day In Shakespeare Country and I am too tired now to think what to do as it´s midnight where I am. I have to sleep first and think it the next morning what to do. I have to file copyright infringement. Do you have any tips for me? Have you done that before? I mean step by step. Please help. I have to go to bed first to have a clear mind. Thank you in advance. Good night!

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have a hub on how to file a DMCA, and there are less detailed instructions in the learning center as well.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image86
        Thelma Albertsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you wilderness. I´ll check your hub.

2. drpennypincher profile image97
      drpennypincherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I had to deal with 3 copied Hubs on different websites during the past month or so.  Luckily, all 3 of the stolen hubs have been taken down,  What worked for me was to contact the administrator of the site that published my material, point out the copyright infringement, and request that the stolen material be taken down to avoid further action.  I explained that further action would involve contacting their web hosting company, search engines, and other parties.

This forum has links to good resources: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/118642

1. Thelma Alberts profile image86
        Thelma Albertsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you drpennypincher. Your comment is of great help. I´ll be doing that, too.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

It's very frustrating to constantly check for copied content and file those forms, over & over.  I guess there's no way to stop the scrapers, but it gets old, and I worry that the value of our work is being diluted from these instances.

4. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 3 years ago

I currently have three which I am struggling with. One is the lyrics to a song so I can't claim copyright for that. Another one, I can't find the article anywhere and the third, the website owner ignored my emails. The host provider said they took down the page but didn't. Finally I filed with Google but have not heard back from them. It's annoying seeing those little red copyright symbols on my hubs.

working