jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Should I edit this hub to make it more concise?

1. mariexotoni profile image91
    mariexotoniposted 3 years ago

Well I was re-reading through my hub that seems to be doing the best (My Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucinno recipe). And then I explored some more and stumbled upon HubPages Elements of a Stellar Hub article.

This is when I realized that my hub that is doing the best is not concise at all. I personalized it too much.  My hub comes up 3rd or 4th when I Google search. I would like to edit that hub to make it very concise.- however, if I wrote the hub in a concise way, I'd be lucky to make it to a 500 word article. What should I do? Would I lose my rank on Google?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Some people might say that personalization could be why your particular Hub has made it all the way to 3rd or 4th.

In any case, it won't matter what you do because by saying exactly what Hub you have that is doing so well, you've pointed the unscrupulous content scrapers right at it, and soon there will be knock-offs on both this site and others.

Enjoy the traffic while it lasts.

3. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I agree that your phrasing are a little more personal than that of your average product review. You can still personalize by giving your opinion or sharing your experience without sounding too conversational or informal.
    If you're concerned about losing word count, maybe you can compare 2 frappucinnos.
    By the by, nothing personal and no judgment but I was surprised that you say you "stumbled upon" criteria for stellar hub. I assumed that was part of the apprentice program. (??)

4. mariexotoni profile image91

Yes but I hadn't seen it for months.

5. mariexotoni profile image91

And I read it with a clearer perspective

1. janshares profile image91
      jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Understood. I have done the same and have received new revelations seeing something with new eyes.

working