|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
I'm Matt Meyer, moderator at HubPages. I'm responsible for managing any reports of bugs related to ad delivery or violations of our ad policy on HubPages. So I can work on resolving any problems with you as quickly as possible, please help me out by following these rules:
- This forum is only for reporting ad-related problems. If you want to report a technical or traffic problem, or suggest a new feature, please post a thread in the appropriate forum.
- Please check this forum's stickied posts (at the top) for any known issues before posting a new thread.
Site technical issues.
- If ads have been turned off of one of your Hubs or Questions, please review this FAQ entry and, if necessary, contact our moderation team instead.
What we need to track down rogue advertisements on the site.
If an ad on a page (forum, question, profile, or Hub) is doing any of the following, it could be a rogue ad and should be reported to us so we can work with our ad partners to find and address and problematic ads.
Ads are not permitted to play audio or pop-over content without hovering over or clicking the ad content.
Video ads are permitted to play, but are required to be muted.
1) A clear screen shot of the ad(s) that was on the page at the time of the pop up (ad on HubPages).
2) The URL of the page on HubPages on which you see the ad
3) URLs of the the ad(s) from #1 (i.e., the landing page you would go to after clicking one of them. Not a HubPages URL).
4) A screen shot and/or URL of the pop up
5) The clickstring
How to find the click string for an ad.
In Firefox, you can use developer's tools and the inspector tool to find the specific information related to the ad.
The screenshots show an example ad.
1. Click the stack in the upper right corner.
2. Select Developer tools (CTRL+SHIFT+I)
3. Select Inspector (CTRL+SHIFT+C)
4. Highlight the portion of the screen with the ad image
5. The lower inspector window will show the click string for the image. Look for something with aclk? or similar in the string.
6. Copy the HTML or take a screen shot of the aclk? string.
7. Share that with us via the ad issue forum here.
NOTE: For Google ads
For Google ads, if you right-click the ad and select "copy link address" you can find the clickstring.
You can then share that URL with us to help identify problematic ads.
This same method does not work for Glam or other ad partners.
Please be patient. I will read every report when I can.
Thank you for taking the time to report any ad-related bugs, and thank you for your understanding!
If you need to report an unattractive or tasteless ad that does not violate the site polices, please see this forum thread.
by GoldenBird5 years ago
Just saw - http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/102136
by WeddingConsultant8 years ago
I was quite sad to see the total number of views of all my hubs yesterday was abysmal. Thinking it might have been a slow day or that hubpages got slapped by google, I figured I'd give it another day to work itself...
by Lionrhod3 years ago
There are a lot of us who haven't been feeling safe on the forums. They've felt stalked, harassed and browbeaten.Sadly, some folks go with the letter of the law, but not the spirit of it in their posts.For an excellent...
by Kate Swanson3 years ago
I know you can have more than one account on HubPages. However in talking to someone recently, I realise I'm fuzzy about the rules. Can a staff member comment on the statements below please?I know that...
by Simone Haruko Smith7 years ago
AVAST, YE SCURVY DOGS! Ye needn't be clickin' away in the forums when instead you can be readyin' yer hub drafts and settin' sail for adventure on September's high seas for the HubPages Marks the Spot contest- a...
by zebtron4 years ago
I'm Matt Meyer and I'm responsible for monitoring new features suggested by our community.- This forum is only for suggesting new features. If you want to report a bug or another problem, please post a thread in the...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.