jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Kontera Question

1. Lisa HW profile image79
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I just got Kontera up and running within the last week.  The first day or so, a few cents was on there.  On - like - the third day it appeared that earnings were 1.20-something.  The next day that went down to closer to 1.00.  Each day since (a couple) it has dropped (to about 80) and today to about 62.

Is this normal?  I read the thing about "metrics fluctuating", but I thought that was more related to the ups and downs that may go on.  I have no clue about why whatever appeared to earnings keeps going down (and I have visions of owing them money at some point!  smile  )

Is it a sign I should just stop putting their ads on?

Is it a sign I should do something different?

1. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

DO THIS IMMEDIATELY BEFORE YOU GET MAD WITH THEIR SYSTEM. BY DOING THIS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EARN MUCH MUCH MORE FROM ADSENSE THAN WHAT YOU ARE EARNING WITH KONTERA.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I like that... visions of owing them money lol thats hilarious! ... I think you are most likely accumulating those amounts. smile

3. Lisa HW profile image79
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Oh - thanks.  After I saw your post I went back and looked more carefully at the period for which the report is.   They do it a little differently than Ad Sense does.  I'm not losing earnings - just getting worse and worse earnings as the days have gone by.   (I suppose that shouldn't make me feel better - but I guess it does, in view of the original issue I thought I had.  smile  )

4. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

I find with Kontera, that my earnings are so low compared to my Adsense, that I only seem to check it once a week anyway.  What's more annoying Lisa is that every now and then, the update on your earnings won't work and it'll have problems for a few days. It's not as polished as Adsense.

But due to you having to do nothing, it's worth keeping it on.

5. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Don't worry gals and guys. Google has introduced Kontera-like expandable ads on AdSense sites.

You're automatically eligible to receive expandable ads if you've added the AdSense code directly into your page's source code and you've enabled image ads.

Expandable ads are currently only available to specific advertisers located in the U.S., who can bid on specific sites where they'd like their ads to appear.

I hope Hubpages will advice accordingly.

1. Whitney05 profile image84
      Whitney05posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think the Expandable ads will look better, meaning more people will probably click them.

1. ngureco profile image84
        ngurecoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Whitney. I believe it's because of this ability to expand that makes Kontera ads get higher chance of more clicks than adsense per any given page.

1. Whitney05 profile image84
          Whitney05posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Every few months. I'm actually closing the account once I get my next payment. I've reached $100, but have the entire month plus next month to wait for payment.

I think that's probably true, because people probably accidentally click them more often than on purpose. I mean, I've found that most of my Kontera ads don't even have anything to do with what my hub is about, so why else would hundreds of people click these ads each week? They just pick a keyword and put an ad to it. I'm hoping the Google expandable ads are more relevant to the topics at hand. Plus, being Google affiliated the each click will probably have more pennies in our pockets versus just 0.002 or whatever.

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Ok, that sounds cool. Thank ngureco smile

7. Silver Rose profile image67
    Silver Roseposted 8 years ago

Has anyone ever been paid out by Kontera?

1. relache profile image91
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I get paid by them every two to three months.

8. reagu profile image74
    reaguposted 8 years ago

I just thought that Kontera ads are annoying when I visit other web pages.  So I never turn it on for my hubs.  It's all about user experience, more than anything.

9. vietnamese profile image72
    vietnameseposted 8 years ago

Is it possible to turn off Kontera on all hubs at a click of a button or we have to do one by one?

1. relache profile image91
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can manage the Kontera setting for all Hubs at once from your affiliate settings screen.

http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

1. vietnamese profile image72
        vietnameseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks a million!

working