jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

Highest Earning Day Ever - Sun, Dec 29, 2013

1. CelebrateUSA profile image84
    CelebrateUSAposted 3 years ago

Wow! What happened? Did I finally get it right? I thought the weekends were suppose to be the low earning days? Any ideas?

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
      Suzanne Dayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dunno, but it was as good for me as it was for you!

CelebrateUSAposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Suzanne Day,
        Thank you!

2. Victoria Anne profile image96
      Victoria Anneposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The whole month of December 2013 was the best I have ever had, I earned more than double what I did in November. Monday the 2nd was my best day though..

Victoria Anne,
        Congratulations on the holiday hubs - very neat! I admire your hub score - you have what I dream of as a Hubber!

2. Ovonol1 profile image61
    Ovonol1posted 3 years ago

What kind of earning are we talking about?

Ovonol1,
      For me, it was $3.02 in one day! I know compared to others it is not much but I don't consider myself a writer and obviously my earnings are not even covering my grocery bills each week but it is allot more than any other part-time job I have had in my career so it is allot of money in comparison because it just keeps giving!

3. Danida profile image81
    Danidaposted 3 years ago

Yay, well done! Maybe you just earned more because your hubs are stacking up and the more you write the more views and clicks you get.

I made a grand total of $0.01 this month! I'm thinking of quitting my job, what do you think haha?

Danida,
      Oh, the joys of the massively high earnings here! Yet, I too, was once at $0.01 monthly and now I see that daily so give it time but do keep your day job! smile

4. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I don't know if I'm right, but I always suspect school has something to do with increases in traffic and earnings. Seems that both increase when school is in session. Also, holidays. We do have one in February. The one with the hearts and the red and the romance and the et cetera.

Hi NateB11,
      What surprised me was "Sunday" - why Sunday? So you might be right about school. I don't have hubs centered around hearts so that wouldn't have done it - perhaps my Superbowl and Football hubs?

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Sunday is odd for a good traffic day. But I've had good traffic on the weekends, I don't know what accounts for this. Maybe people are researching or entertaining themselves on the weekend, on days off from or preparation for school. You could be right about the Football Hubs, seems very likely to me.

5. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 3 years ago

I had a great weekend (month actually) and think it has a lot to do with the weather. 3/4 of the U.S. was stuck in the house with nothing to do due to freezing temps and snow. Whatever the reason, I'm happy. Hubs aging like fine wine and stacking up for increased possible traffic help certainly too but don't underestimate the weather. Summer usually brings much lower traffic patterns for me anyway.

1. L.M. Hosler profile image87
      L.M. Hoslerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

In the summer people spend a lot more time outside and a lot more activities so I really think earnings would drop in the summer.

1. Barbara Kay profile image89
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

They do.

2. CelebrateUSA profile image84

Crea8tor - Oh, you are so right - our hubs do age like fine wine - what a fantastic analogy.
      The weather this year has been daunting - it is much more than just my age, the weather has been treacherous with white knuckle driving - I guess increased hub traffic is my tiny sliver of silver lining? smile
      L.M. Hosler - It would be interesting to graph over time to see the seasonality of our traffic flow.

6. ilikegames profile image80
    ilikegamesposted 3 years ago

It's very encouraging to hear your success, a pity I wasn't here for Decemeber! Maybe next year will be the year for me.

1. Cre8tor profile image97
      Cre8torposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well don't get me wrong. The summer months can still provide good income considering you may not be on HP as much either but still collecting. I see 3 digit or near 3 digit numbers per month in the summer.

Please consider another topic to write on to supplement video games. Mix people not on PC with people not playing as many games for the same reason and you might see a big drop in traffic over the summer. The video games should be a good source regardless, let's face it those are played year round, just consider what people are looking for during different seasons and you'll balance your viewership somewhat. Welcome to HP!

1. ilikegames profile image80
        ilikegamesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the kind welcome and advice!

working