FIXED: Photo capsule image upload problems

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (30 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

liquidus.net substantially increasing load time and messing up regular hub image loads. Or maybe it's just me.

1. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hubbers profile background images were loading reeeeeally slow today. Weird.

paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that, too. Thanks for confirming. Now I know it isn't just my ISP torturing me.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think they are torturing you.  Your head is missing.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72
        Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you still seeing slower load times for profile images?
        I've not had any issues today (I've been in two different locations), but I've touched base with our engineering team to see if there is something we need to address.

1. Au fait profile image84
          Au faitposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't even get this site to open for most of today.  No trouble accessing any other site I wanted to, just HP.  Every page takes forever to open and most of the photos only open part way even now.

My friend Shyron had an awful time publishing a new hub.  I didn't have time to wring my hands over all the problems on this site today.  I moved on to other things.

There was a huge DDOS attack early yesterday morning that negatively affected many carriers, but that should have subsided.
          http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/largest-ever-d … ms-1435973

Our infrastructure team is monitoring the site, so we should know if there are any issues.

WOW! Does that also relate to this adventure, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120123 ?

What a town... big_smile

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

What is liquidus.net?

Video ads.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Apparently some new vendor HP is doing business with.

My speculations...

Might have been the reason for yesterday's problems.

Today may be a continuation of that as they iron out the final bugs.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

Do you mean the ones which pop-up on the YouTube at the bottom?

4. snakeslane profile image82
    snakeslaneposted 10 years ago

I couldn't get the site open tonight with Google. Tried with Bing and that worked, but very slow load time in forums.

5. zduckman profile image61
    zduckmanposted 10 years ago

What is with THE SLOW load time. Everytime I click on anything while editing my Hub .....it takes 15 SECONDS for the change to load. It took me over 3 hours to edit a  hub the other night.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72

I spoke with our infrastructure team and we are unaware of any issues that would currently be affecting page load times for the site.
      There was a significant DDOS attack that affected many sites and there was also an unrelated site outage issues that lasted about 90 minutes the other day.

If you are currently having issues with excessive load times, you may want to bench mark your ISP connection or check your machine resources (RAM, CPU, etc.).

6. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

I don't know if this is related or not.  I'm trying to upload photos in a new, unpublished Hub and when I try to upload a photo, the bottom of my screen shows that I am on this:
    hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats
    But I'm not on that.  I'm in the edit mode on an unpublished Hub.  It looks like the wires are crossed between the hubtool/edit and the hubs/stats. It's taking me several tries to upload a photo.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72

If it just occurred, you will probably want to clear your browser cache as we just deployed some site changes.
      Let me know if that doesn't address the issue and I can look into it further.

I cleared everything and the situation is the same.  The first time I try to upload a photo, it doesn't work.  I close the capsule and try it again and then it does work.

1. gitachud profile image67
          gitachudposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Am also not able to load photos even after closing capsule and retrying. Have you sorted it on your end?

No.  And now it's now taking three times to get a picture to load, closing the capsule and trying again and again.  I'm just going to postpone finishing that Hub right now because it's too time consuming.  (It's a photo gallery Hub with over 100 photos.)

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
              The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Which Hub? It may depend on whether one, or more, of them is Mb. They would take a long time, if ever.

Thanks for the details.
          I just tested uploading an image from a photo capsule in the Hubtool.
          I see what you are describing. I uploaded an image and it showed the upload progress as done, but then didn't display the image on the right side.
          I then tried uploading the image again using "choose photos" and after the second attempt, both image then showed up.  It looks like there may be a delay or other issue right now.  I have forwarded this to our engineering team for further investigation so we can get a fix deployed. So far it affects all browsers I tested (Chrome & Internet Explorer)

1. zduckman profile image61
            zduckmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It takes 15 seconds EVERY TIME I click when editing or building a HUB...not just with PICTURES...it is EVERY CLICK. It took me over 2 hours just to edit a hub.......rediculous

Have you tried it in the past five minutes?

7. Writer Fox profile image31

No, that's not it.  Other people are having the same problem and another thread has been started about this, too.

1. Mary McShane profile image80
      Mary McShaneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a hub I've been trying to complete for 3 days now. After answering the morning email, visiting hubs and forums, now I am trying to finish it today but it looks like that is not going to happen. I can't upload any  photos at all now. Before I could do it switching from Chrome to Mozilla and using a different browser let me upload, but very slowly.  I hope this get this sorted out. We no sooner get one problem fixed and  another problem pops up. Tech support must be on the go 24/7! lol .  I'm going to the store and I'll catch up on this thread and the other thread when I get back.  Hopefully things will be looking better by then.

I'm getting it to work on the third try, closing and opening the capsule each time and waiting a really long time on the third try.

2. zduckman profile image61
        zduckmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

YES ...this is a REAL drag. I have spent 15 hours on Hubpages in the last 3 days FRUSTRATING. It tells me to update my browser....I have the most recent Internet Explorer. It worked fine last week  WHAT THE HELL.....TECHNO GEEKS TO THE RESCUE

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I had the same problem last night.  Image load bar would show but not load for very long periods (3-4 minutes)

9. Writer Fox profile image31

I think it is fixed now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)