jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Problem with fuzzy images

1. LWhip profile image78
    LWhipposted 3 years ago

Hi all

I've searched for existing advice on this topic and couldn't find any but please let me know if I've missed it.

I'm wanting to upload some diagrams I've made in word which I've saved as various types of pictures.  When I insert them into my draft hub however they become very blurry.

Things I've tried:
    - Saving the diagrams as png, jpeg, gif directly from the diagrams
    - Saving the diagrams in the various extensions as screenshots and snips
    - Creating the diagrams in word, powerpoint, photoshop, pages
    - Adjusting the image size prior to upload to (pixels wide) 1040, 520, original 990, 300

For all of these methods I've checked the final results on a high-res screen and zoomed in on the images and they're crisp and sharp.  I've uploaded diagrams to other websites using this sort of approach and they've retained the same definition.

I'm obviously doing something that isn't quite aligning with Hubpages photo capsules requirements but I've run out of ideas for further experimentation!

Is someone much more knowledgable and experienced than I able to please give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thank you!

2. Writer Fox profile image65
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Use png or jpeg images which are a minimum of 520 px. wide.

1. LWhip profile image78
      LWhipposted 3 years ago

Thanks Writer Fox

1. Writer Fox profile image65
        Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.  I forgot this: If you are floating the image to the right, the minimum is 260px wide.

working